Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity Complaint

Options
  • 31-05-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Help!
    Want to know if there have been any successful outcomes to complaints to Airtricity? I have just received a huge bill from them for almost E600 because I did not send in actual reading numbers. This is fair enough, but I have no idea how they are billing me for same. I have been told that my usage has gone up by 143% compared to this time last year. Is this because of the arrears. I don,t know. I have been talking to a rep but they have the standard line they feed everyond but havn,t any understanding how the amount is arrived or at least cant explain it. Anybody with similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out and moved to new thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CraftDaft

don't use boards very often so I dont know what this means. Please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

CraftDaft - you created your post at the end of an older, unrelated Airtricity thread. I moved your post to its own new thread.

dudara

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If your bill has been based on estimated usage, it sounds like the amount of units charged was under estimated. If they have recently had an actual reading from the meter, this is what they base your current bill on, and you are being billed for the discrepancy between what you were estimated to owe, and what you actually owe.

Talk to them and see if they will arrange a payment plan to allow you to catch up.

Advertisement