Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Georgia 02/06/13 5:30pm

• 31-05-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

Dunne,Wilson and Hoolahan set to feature in this one.Is there any threat from Georgia or will it be a walk in the park?

Should be a good evening for beer with England v Brazil on at 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Nothing's a walk in the park when Ireland are involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Got free tickets for this, savage seats, and still don't know if I want to go. More interested in just going to the Junior Cup final before at 1:30pm. You should stick that in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

If I got free tickets and was living next door I don't think I'd be interested in going! This one is going to be a hard sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I'll be there on Sunday as always but I'd like to know what ****tard thought it'd be a good idea to organize a friendly at home to Georgia? We're not gonna improve by playing worse teams than us, surely there were better teams available?
    And not to mention the stadium will be empty as usual. Does Kinkladze still even play for them on a side note?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is this on Irish telly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

TheStook wrote: »
    I'll be there on Sunday as always but I'd like to know what ****tard thought it'd be a good idea to organize a friendly at home to Georgia? We're not gonna improve by playing worse teams than us, surely there were better teams available?
    And not to mention the stadium will be empty as usual. Does Kinkladze still even play for them on a side note?

In nearly every discipline, the only way to truly improve is to go up against opponents who are better than you. You learn the most from getting beaten. That's true.

But there is something to be said for occasionally playing against a slightly weaker team. It enables you to try new things without fear. This isn't a waste of time. If trap plays an semi-expansive team and we trash them, it might prove to him that we have other options than 4-4-2 lump.

Besides, Georgia aren't actually as bad as some people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I'm looking forward to this...but that's because I live in Georgia. I'll be watching it with a few Georgians, having a few drinks, maybe making a few bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Columbia wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this...but that's because I live in Georgia. I'll be watching it with a few Georgians, having a few drinks, maybe making a few bets.

You live on Georgia? I don't envy you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kirby wrote: »
    In nearly every discipline, the only way to truly improve is to go up against opponents who are better than you. You learn the most from getting beaten. That's true.

But there is something to be said for occasionally playing against a slightly weaker team. It enables you to try new things without fear. This isn't a waste of time. If trap plays an semi-expansive team and we trash them, it might prove to him that we have other options than 4-4-2 lump.

Besides, Georgia aren't actually as bad as some people think.

But will Trap change the system? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is this on Irish telly?

It's only on Sky Sports 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

NUTZZ wrote: »
    It's only on Sky Sports 2

Ah what? Flippin heck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah what? Flippin heck

All home friendlies are brought to you by Sky, all competitive games are on RTE, has been that way for about 10 years

Can't go cause have exam on Tuesday.

I wonder will there be many at this. They could struggle to get 20000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Walk in the park? not with the way we play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Can't go cause have exam on Tuesday.

I wonder will there be many at this. They could struggle to get 20000.
    I'd say it'll just about hit 20,000 because of the FAI junior cup final before hand.

Deeply uninspiring fixture, but I guess that's the way it goes with end-of-season friendlies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

TheStook wrote: »
    We're not gonna improve by playing worse teams than us, surely there were better teams available?

That's probably how the majority of other teams feel playing against us.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

A minimum of €40 if you want a ticket that's not behind the goal. They can keep it...

That's just so expensive.

Not going to get many going for that price.

Although thought tickets were half that.

That's just so expensive.

Not going to get many going for that price.

Although thought tickets were half that.

There's tickets for €20 and €30, but they're all behind the goal only. If you want to be at the side of the pitch it's minimum €40.

• Advertisement

There's tickets for €20 and €30, but they're all behind the goal only. If you want to be at the side of the pitch it's minimum €40.

I like behind the goal so I'm happy to pay 20.

You should not be paying more then 25 quid for game like this.

Qualifier I would say something.

I like behind the goal so I'm happy to pay 20.

You should not be paying more then 25 quid for game like this.

Qualifier I would say something.

I'd have no problem paying 40/50 at a qualifier. It's a joke having these prices for a game against Georgia though.

You'll get Cat C tickets on the day, no problem. Or if your in Dublin you can get them from the Shamrock rovers ticket office, they are doing a free ticket to the Georgia game if you buy one for the Faroes

I'd have no problem paying 40/50 at a qualifier. It's a joke having these prices for a game against Georgia though.

Ya it is. Can't blame people for stating away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm after getting some premium tickets and some passes for the players lounge for being a good boy in work, does anyone actually know what these entail?
    As far as I can make out they aren't corporate tickets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm after getting some premium tickets and some passes for the players lounge for being a good boy in work, does anyone actually know what these entail?
    As far as I can make out they aren't corporate tickets.

Attaboy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Good god those are crazy prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

You live on Georgia? I don't envy you.

It's not so bad. 28 degrees almost every day, and cherries and strawberries available to buy, absolutely literally, by the bucketful.

They also wouldn't ask me to pay 40 hard-earned euros to watch a boring football match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Does anyone know where I could get a good link to this??

I'll be at someone's house I could use maybe a wiziwig link and get sop cast of that still works?? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Long to captain team, apparently.

G.K. wrote: »
    Long to captain team, apparently.

Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Ireland starting XI v Georgia: Westwood, Wilson, McShane, R Keogh, Delaney, A Keogh, McCarthy, Hoolahan, McClean, Cox, Long

Good team

I would've liked Hendrick to get at least 60 mins but can't have too many complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Trap seems to have an issue with playing Meyler,who played a big part in getting Hull back in the Premiership.We all know how limited Andy Keogh is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Good team

That defense is absolutely woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

sugarman wrote: »
    Georgia are a half decent side ffs. If you didnt notice, Spain BARLEY beat them 1-0 in 2014 qualifiers.

We barely beat them 2-1 last time around on neutral soil.

Wasn't that at home? With the phantom peno?

Wasn't that at home? With the phantom peno?

Both home and away were 2-1. Ireland were lucky at home. Robbed them actually. Far superior in Mainz. Think we would have beaten them in Georgia on that game. But never know I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's Delaney like? Likewise with Richard Keogh?

Cunningham and Duffy don't seem to be getting a look in.

Delaney is a solid player, seen him quite a bit this season and over the years. Always puts a shift in, not afraid to get a tackle in. Pitty age isnt on his side. Helped get palace back up to the premier league and should be a regular for them up there.

Havent seen much of Keogh, if any. I know it was a lazy call up move having gone to take a look at Hendric and Sammon then deciding to give him a go.

Cunningham, dunno whats up there. Hasnt played much at all, then when he did his team got relegated to league 1. Was solid enough for us last time around tho.

Duffy simply doesnt play enough at all, hes the u21 captain tho and is away with them currently. good enough for now till he gets some game time.

We should also have the lad Kevin Long coming into the squad in the near future.Yet another ex Cork City player.
    http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/team/player-profile/index.aspx?playerid=434794&tcmuri=228007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Delaney is a solid player, seen him quite a bit this season and over the years. Always puts a shift in, not afraid to get a tackle in. Pitty age isnt on his side. Helped get palace back up to the premier league and should be a regular for them up there.

Havent seen much of Keogh, if any. I know it was a lazy call up move having gone to take a look at Hendric and Sammon then deciding to give him a go.

Cunningham, dunno whats up there. Hasnt played much at all, then when he did his team got relegated to league 1. Was solid enough for us last time around tho.

Duffy simply doesnt play enough at all, hes the u21 captain tho and is away with them currently. good enough for now till he gets some game time.

Cheers, fair enough with Duffy and I thought as much, but would like to see more of Cunningham, as you said he put in a good shift in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Glad that England match is out of the way, tonight we can concentrate on the big one :p

Should be great evening to watch a match.

Think Ireland will win by couple.

More important game next week though against Faroe Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

To be fair they need to get their shooting boots on as they need to score a hatfull against the Faeros to get their goal deficiet sorted. Georgians arent a bad side anymore, should still win though. Come on the lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I only live a 10 minute walk away from the Aviva, I've never actually been. Was thinking of heading to this, but tbh, even I can't justify 20 quid to sit behind a goal and watch Ireland play Georgia.

If I want to piss away €20, I'll go to the cinema and buy a large coke and popcorn AND I'll probably enjoy it.

I only live a 10 minute walk away from the Aviva, I've never actually been. Was thinking of heading to this, but tbh, even I can't justify 20 quid to sit behind a goal and watch Ireland play Georgia.

If I want to piss away €20, I'll go to the cinema and buy a large coke and popcorn AND I'll probably enjoy it.

The fai were thinking about categorising the games, giving Germany category 1, Greece would been category 2, an these two would been cheaper, but the press would have slaughtered them for profiteering on the big games. Personally I think you should have to pay more for the big games and less for the likes of this.

2-1 to Ireland and Long to score first is 25/1 with Paddy Power.Would it be worth a fiver?.

2-1 to Ireland and Long to score first is 25/1 with Paddy Power.Would it be worth a fiver?.

It would if it came through.

Honestly those markets can be hard to win on, but if want bet on it who is to stop you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If moneys the issue you can get in for €10 if you head down now for the Junior Cup Final at 1.30, then hang around for the second game.
    Klbarrack v Sheriff will be tasty enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

People will probably point that the poor attendance today will be some sort of protest against our style, but the truth is that it's a **** end of season friendly that wouldn't get a great turnout whoever was managing. Reality is whether Trap haters want to admit it or not that attendances have been consistently excellent throughout Traps time in charge and style of play as ever has absolutely no baring on people going.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    People will probably point that the poor attendance today will be some sort of protest against our style, but the truth is that it's a **** end of season friendly that wouldn't get a great turnout whoever was managing. Reality is whether Trap haters want to admit it or not that attendances have been consistently excellent throughout Traps time in charge and style of play as ever has absolutely no baring on people going.

Attendances have been excellent for competitive games bar one or two in Traps time.

Friendlies have not been great but considering the times we are in they are still as good as most countries in Europe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement