Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on patio moss

• 31-05-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi there, we have a patio balcony and there's a lot of moss starting to grow around the edges and between the slabs. I'm not a gardener at myself so I'm ignorant as to what's the best way to remove the moss.

Are there moss remover products, and if so which would you recommend?
    And how much roughly!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If its a small area cheap washing powder sprinkled on it will kill off the moss..
    Otherwise you can get specific products to kill moss, I got one recently, Moss-go or some such, €24 for 5 litres and it will treat 200sq meters.. Mix with water and spray on..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

bbam wrote: »
    If its a small area cheap washing powder sprinkled on it will kill off the moss..
    Otherwise you can get specific products to kill moss, I got one recently, Moss-go or some such, €24 for 5 litres and it will treat 200sq meters.. Mix with water and spray on..

Washing powder really! I'm always surprised at the extra applications of the most unlikely things :D Will give it a go, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You can make a weedkiller by mixing salt, vinegar and water or use Jeyes fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

You can make a weedkiller by mixing salt, vinegar and water or use Jeyes fluid.

used the salt water and vinegar out on the slabs there last week, and was able to sweep all the dead moss and weeds away today very easily with a yard brush. Thanks for the tip!!

Advertisement