Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most manly thing you did today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

starling wrote: »
    How many man points do I lose for being a ladyperson? ;)

ladyperson with a beard :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Baneblade wrote: »
    ladyperson with a beard :eek:

It's called PCOS, you can google it yourself. It's a lot more common than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

It's called PCOS, you can google it yourself. It's a lot more common than you think.

My sister has it, instantly makes me the hotter sister !

My sister has it, instantly makes me the hotter sister !

:( Are you implying I'm not hot? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

:( Are you implying I'm not hot? :(

Jesus no, Im sure you're gorgeous! Was just something we always joke about...probably should have thought that one through....

• Advertisement

Jesus no, Im sure you're gorgeous! Was just something we always joke about...probably should have thought that one through....

Haha no worries, I wasn't really offended :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I lifted a flower pot and watering can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I went out and did some bread winnin! Awww yeaaahhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Went to the local shop covered in plaster and masonry dust after labouring in my house for the day and ordered a sausage sandwich. That's not only the most manly thing I've done today, but probably in the last 10 years. Bashing a keyboard during the week just does not come close.

(Disclaimer: I wanted a full on breakfast roll but at 4pm they only had sausages left. It still felt manly.)

On a side note: I discovered today that when you walk anywhere in public covered in dust and plaster, less manly men look on in a combination of awe and reverence. Respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I sniggered twice at innocent comments which I interpreted as a bit suggestive because I have a dirty mind so I was told

• Advertisement

pharmaton wrote: »
    I sniggered twice at innocent comments which I interpreted as a bit suggestive because I have a dirty mind so I was told
    I do that all the time, not sure it's just a man thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I do that all the time, not sure it's just a man thing :)

true true, my man friends do it a lot though they would have been proud.
    I did just put on boxer shorts for going to bed though, quite manly. (and yet incredibly comfortable and airy for sleeping in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Had a ****e and didn't wash my hands after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

What's shaving? :cool:

It's when you get a blunt 6" knife,stretch the skin on your face and cut off the hair that grows there.

Thats how us manly men do it anyway!

It's when you get a blunt 6" knife,stretch the skin on your face and cut off the hair that grows there.

Thats how us manly men do it anyway!

Takes a REAL man to use an epilator;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Ham Wallet

Absolutely reeked havoc on the toilet earlier. So proud

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I dipped my finger into a cup with freshly boiled water to see if it was hot enough.....it was :eek:

Some may just call that being an idiot :(

I dipped my finger into a cup with freshly boiled water to see if it was hot enough.....it was :eek:

Some may just call that being an idiot :(

And here we come to the crux of the issue: how much of "being manly" involves "being an idiot"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i've just spent an hour outside in the garden biting midges..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i've just spent an hour outside in the garden biting midges..

I got a woman to cook me a sunday roast and give me beer.

• Advertisement

And here we come to the crux of the issue: how much of "being manly" involves "being an idiot"?

Look I just got excited and and forgot to think for a second, easy mistake to make :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I opened a bottle of beer with nothing more than a cigarette lighter*

*A match to be precise.

Look I just got excited and and forgot to think for a second, easy mistake to make :pac:

I hope you didn't think I was calling you an idiot ...I was just thinking about what exactly counts as "manly" and apparently doing stupid stuff is involved to some extent (like driving around for an hour cause asking for directions is "not manly"...):)

I hope you didn't think I was calling you an idiot ...I was just thinking about what exactly counts as "manly" and apparently doing stupid stuff is involved to some extent (like driving around for an hour cause asking for directions is "not manly"...):)

Haha, no don't worry I didn't.

Not getting offended, manly stuff right there :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I licked a 9v battery.

I licked a 9v battery.

That's a shockin thing to be at stefan....

...I'll get me coat

Haha, no don't worry I didn't.

Not getting offended, manly stuff right there :cool:

Hang on a minute, are you saying wimmins get offended too easily? I'm very offended by that;)

I got a "Ooh look at the guns" at work today when I lifted something. On the outside, my only response was a chuckle.

But inside, I thought to myself, oh yes, my mighty mighty guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Farted very loudly whilst having my morning wizz.

• Advertisement

Hang on a minute, are you saying wimmins get offended too easily? I'm very offended by that;)

I won't get drawn into confirming or denying anything. Full of manly behaviour today :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

I am currently proofreading the human genome and already identified seven new disease treatments. I am Jackie Chan's stunt double and the Stig. Every Tuesday I donate blood, platelets and bone marrow while giving survival lessons to nomads. I can shave with a blowtorch should the need arise and can create fire from ice. Unseen I watch The Citizen's back.

Today at great personal risk I prevented an attack by rogue operatives on a school that must remain nameless.

Spent the afternoon painting a garden shed with timber preservative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Spent the afternoon painting a garden shed with timber preservative!

Mr Prodston between this manly deed and your recent boiling water escapade you are putting the other "men" of AH to shame. Keep up the good work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Went in the hardware shop and asked for something by name, and actually knew what it was for.

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Mr Prodston between this manly deed and your recent boiling water escapade you are putting the other "men" of AH to shame. Keep up the good work :)

I'd say my yearly quota is nearly full at this stage :pac:

• Advertisement

a short work of comic genius

CM given the amount of time I just spent laughing at your post, I do feel a bit guilty pointing this out, but:

-10 man points for knowing where sh1t is in the supermarket.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

Lucky you, I wouldn't mind waking up on a massive erection.

is that "on" or "with" :pac:C==8

done some ironing, then a bit of sowing, now empty disher, and making dinner............... damn where is my manhood gone:confused:
    still i did have an errection...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I tended to my crops.

(I watered the flowers, chives, spring onions, lavender and thyme.)

Today, I might dig a hole, or a series of holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

50SofG wrote: »
    done some ironing, then a bit of sowing, now empty disher, and making dinner............... damn where is my manhood gone:confused:
    still i did have an errection...

Making dinner at a quarter to seven in the morning??

That's manly Bro. I salute you.

• Advertisement

Gokei wrote: »

i rise early, all done and ready, now i'm in work.... oh i almost forgot i put washing out too........ noooooooooo ....who am i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

woke up with my daughters foot in my face, managed to scoop her up and transplant her back to her room without waking her.

As is the only thing I've done so far today, it's the manliest by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Gokei wrote: »

Not everyone operates on the same time. For instance, I'm about to go have a couple of beers, and fry a steak.

(And yes, it's still only 7.12am for me as well)

good for you, but for me a steak for breakfast way to manly, so you win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

Cooked and ate a full Irish fry two of everything a great way to start the day. Now stand back and hear me roar! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

I am currently proofreading the human genome and already identified seven new disease treatments. I am Jackie Chan's stunt double and the Stig. Every Tuesday I donate blood, platelets and bone marrow while giving survival lessons to nomads. I can shave with a blowtorch should the need arise and can create fire from ice. Unseen I watch The Citizen's back.

Today at great personal risk I prevented an attack by rogue operatives on a school that must remain nameless.

Having read all that I don't think my action of attaching a new USB device to my pc BEFORE installing the drivers is quite up to scratch on the manliness scale anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I went and bought a new can of manly deodorant because I got sweaty doing manly stuff!...

I then randomly bought my girlfriend some flowers on the way out of the shop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Barbequed for 14 people mostly with one hand as a beer preoccupied my other one. Did the whole slathering the ribs with barbeque sauce with a paint brush and even tipped some Jack Daniels onto the burgers for flavour.

All this while wearing dubious shorts, one of those sleeveless wife beater type shirts and flip flops.

(Obviously yesterday evening not 9am in the morning but that would be manlier)

At least some of the blisters popped overnight......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I used an air wrench to take two front tires off a car. It has to be up there with racking a pump shotgun as one of the most manly noises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Remmy wrote: »
    I used an air wrench to take two front tires off a car. It has to be up there with racking a pump shotgun as one of the most manly noises.

Not a patch on the gentle, barely-audible "TICK" from a torque-wrench as you dial in exactly 95lb-ft putting them back on, though. In the words of the great Tim Allen: Ugh-Ugh-Uuuugghhh! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement