Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most manly thing you did today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

I hugged my daughter and told her I loved her more than anything in the world. She is having a bad day.

Since when is lying 'manly'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Gokei wrote: »
    woke up with my daughters foot in my face, managed to scoop her up and transplant her back to her room without waking her.

As is the only thing I've done so far today, it's the manliest by default.

Wait 'til she's 22 with a black belt in Taekwon-Do. Now that will be manly! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

starling wrote: »
    CM given the amount of time I just spent laughing at your post, I do feel a bit guilty pointing this out, but:

-10 man points for knowing where sh1t is in the supermarket.:(
    Memory is what made our species such effective hunter gatherers.

The trick is to use your skills. I know where the stuff in the supermarket is because it's where I tell them to put it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The trick is to use your skills. I know where the stuff in the supermarket is because it's where I tell them to put it. :cool:

actually our ability to run prey to death and sweat to cool down at the same time is what made us such good hunters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I fixed my car this morning. Well, i cellotaped the wee tube that carries water to the wipers. But I got to roll up my sleeves and look like i was doing something complicated under the bonnet. Even got a wee bit of oil on my hands, which i wiped with a dirty rag.
    The I had a morning glory boner on the whole drive into work. It was very uncomfortable but about as manly a thing as you can do.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Not a patch on the gentle, barely-audible "TICK" from a torque-wrench as you dial in exactly 95lb-ft putting them back on, though. In the words of the great Tim Allen: Ugh-Ugh-Uuuugghhh! :D

What about the crack of sticks as you break them over your knee. Or the sound of cracking your knuckles before doing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Carefully selected and put on a freshly ironed shirt, affixed the cufflinks in a single motion, tied my tie into an awesome knot, belted my trousers, chose a pair of manly brown brogues, slipped my suit jacket on, placed my wallet and phone in each inside pocket, checked my reflection once in the mirror, and strode out the door like the king of the world.

Carefully selected and put on a freshly ironed shirt, affixed the cufflinks in a single motion, tied my tie into an awesome knot, belted my trousers, chose a pair of manly Grenson brown brogues, slipped my suit jacket on, placed my wallet and phone in each inside pocket, checked my reflection once in the mirror, and strode out the door like the king of the world.

That's not manly, that's stuff your mammy makes you do. Tsch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

Arawn wrote: »
    actually our ability to run prey to death and sweat to cool down at the same time is what made us such good hunters

And shotguns improved the process no end :)

• Advertisement

That's not manly, that's stuff your mammy makes you do. Tsch.

Oh its manly. If you do it right.

What about the crack of sticks as you break them over your knee. Or the sound of cracking your knuckles before doing something.

That cave-man stuff is all well-and-fine in its place, but sometimes it's much more challenging and rewarding to listen for the grasshopper at your feet. ;)

That cave-man stuff is all well-and-fine in its place, but sometimes it's much more challenging and rewarding to listen for the grasshopper at your feet. ;)

why? Is he gonna rob you or something? The bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BabyMonkeyy

I got out of bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Carefully selected and put on a freshly ironed shirt, affixed the cufflinks in a single motion, tied my tie into an awesome knot, belted my trousers, chose a pair of manly brown brogues, slipped my suit jacket on, placed my wallet and phone in each inside pocket, checked my reflection once in the mirror, and strode out the door like the king of the world.

AAAhhm. Yeah. Striding down the road singing some song from a musical.

Carefully selected and put on a freshly ironed shirt...

Ironing is banned in my house. In fact, anyone who brings an item of clothing into the premises which requires more breastfeeding than a six-week-old gets beaten swiftly about the noggin with a copy of Hilliers and has to commute to work/college/methadone clinic on a spacehopper for a week to learn the clod about efficiency an' that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

Opened a can of paint with a butter knife....

why? Is he gonna rob you or something? The bastard!

Impossible. Here is actual footage of my typical morning commute to work. I am so Bad-Arse I even get a soundtrack:

topper75 wrote: »
    AAAhhm. Yeah. Striding down the road singing some song from a musical.

Yes cos only the gays dress themselves in clothes. :rolleyes:

There's a whole other side to manliness my friends. Putting on a pink shirt and getting away with it is manly. Because you are SO DAMN MANLY and sure of your sexuality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I put up a dresser without reading the instructions.

I then threw the new allen keys in my man drawer and they disappeared into a sea of random keys, tape measures and nuts and bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I took the rubbish out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I went to fix the bathroom sink that has one of those annoying plugs you have to push on a thing behind the tap to get working.

Anyway dropped the bit that I was trying to fix down the sink and replaced it by bending a coat hanger into the right shape and cutting to the right length using my tools(actual building tools I bought).

And it works man conquers sink!

Yes cos only the gays dress themselves in clothes. :rolleyes:

There's a whole other side to manliness my friends. Putting on a pink shirt and getting away with it is manly. Because you are SO DAMN MANLY and sure of your sexuality.

http://backstagebusiness.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/hartfoundation.jpg

I went out for lunch with my wife and I told her to get her own desert, and I was having none of this two spoons business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

I might go up to the attic today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

FTA69 wrote: »
    -100 man points for shaving.

How to shave your beard like a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I didn't shave today, for the 33 day in a row. And I only shaved then for my brothers wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I didn't shave today, for the 33 day in a row. And I only shaved then for my brothers wedding.

Come back to me when you're on day 99 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It's when you get a blunt 6" knife,stretch the skin on your face and cut off the hair that grows there.

Thats how us manly men do it anyway!

Err, no. Us really manly men keep a sharpened piece of obsidian to do the job. When I'm feeling otherwise badass I shave myself (and others) like this:

FTA69 wrote: »
    -100 man points for shaving.

but +1000 manpoints for shaving like a badass.

Gambas wrote: »
    I went out for lunch with my wife and I told her to get her own desert, and I was having none of this two spoons business.

Did she go for Gobi or Kalahari?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I haven't shaved since December 16th 2012. I also changed the speedometer drive on my motorbike yesterday. Manly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

I vomitted repeatedly and DID NOT CRY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Couple of pints of Metal Man Pale Ale with roast lamb roll in The PorterHouse, for lunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Gave the man working on the gates a drink of orange juice with ice . Proxy manliness, which I suppose is just straight up womanly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Had to drive the wife's Mini Cooper into work today.

Did I forget my sunglasses? - Yes, I did.
    Did she have a pair in the car? - Yes, she did.
    Were they pink? - Yes, they were.

Put some Led Zeppelin on the stereo and drove to work in as manly a manner as possible under the circumstances.

Gave the man working on the gates a drink of orange juice with ice . Proxy manliness, which I suppose is just straight up womanly.

Man working on the gates? Another man working on your gates? Say it ain't so?

The only way this is manly is if they are prison gates that you destroyed with your bare hands yesterday while breaking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Dear Captain Midnight,
    We are pleased to refund your incorrectly deducted Man Points (TM), and add a 5 MP bonus for being funny, another manly trait as we all know.
    Yours, etc
    The I.M.F. (International Manliness Fund)

Gambas wrote: »
    Man working on the gates? Another man working on your gates? Say it ain't so?

The only way this is manly is if they are prison gates that you destroyed with your mickey yesterday while breaking out.

Fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

To be fair, an iron IS a power tool, and a properly ironed shirt is manly x 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

To be fair, an iron IS a power tool, and a properly ironed shirt is manly x 1000.

GTFO

• Advertisement

Also the unexpected juxtaposition of "ironing" and "breastfeeding" has unaccountably got me imagining actuall using boobs as irons. I can't decide if that is more or less manly :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I fixed my car this morning. Well, i cellotaped the wee tube that carries water to the wipers. But I got to roll up my sleeves and look like i was doing something complicated under the bonnet. Even got a wee bit of oil on my hands, which i wiped with a dirty rag.
    The I had a morning glory boner on the whole drive into work. It was very uncomfortable but about as manly a thing as you can do.
    Now is probably not the best time to mention that cellotape is not waterproof ;)

Now is probably not the best time to mention that cellotape is not waterproof ;)

I have heard that real men always go straight fo the duct tape, no shilly-shallying around with this Sellotape nonsense. Not actually sure about whether duct tape is waterproof tho.

When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

I have heard that real men always go straight fo the duct tape, no shilly-shallying around with this Sellotape nonsense. Not actually sure about whether duct tape is waterproof tho.
    No it dries out eventually

Self amalgamating tape is the mutt's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Also the unexpected juxtaposition of "ironing" and "breastfeeding" has unaccountably got me imagining actuall using boobs as irons. I can't decide if that is more or less manly :P

I'll be over with a few...um "shirts" that need "Ironing" in an hour or so ;)

• Advertisement

*adjusts monocle*

Yes, but in order to be properly manly you have to have your "man" do it for you, preferably whilst you concentrate on finding the source of the Nile whilst avoiding cannibals and headhunters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Imparted wisdom to younglins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Some of you need some inspiration for manliness it seems.
    Here's a double barrelled shotgun load
    http://www.amazon.com/Alphabet-Manliness-Maddox/dp/0806535229

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Aced English paper two

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

You forgot your car keys...or do you take the bus? Damn sissy!

I got up this morning, pulled a wrinkly old shirt out, pulled on my old blue jeans, chose my only pair of steel toe boots. Placed my wallet and phone in the same pocket, my car keys in the other. I ate 2 dry sticks of Weetabix before driving my beast of a car to work for a 12 hour slog working a job only a man could do before coming home in a ball of sweat to find steak, chips and a glass of milk sitting at the table waiting for me to devour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement