Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Smart Telecom

Options
  • 31-05-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

HI,
    I'm looking to get fibre broadband, and I'm currently on Smart Telecom.
    I was wondering are you offering any broadband only packages. I live in Letterkenny, and the eircom website tells me I am able to get the efibre line.
    I rang the sales team and they told me that no Broadband only packages are available and that the best deal for me as €50 a month, however I've heard of others being able to get an unlimited data broadband only (no phone) deal for €40 a month. 
    Can you tell me if there is actually a broadband only deal?

Thanks.

Comments

There is through Vodafone 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Vodafone Simply Broadband Max
    Superfast budget broadband, unlimited usage and nothing else[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]from €32
    [/font]
    • up to 70Mb speed
    • unlimited usage allowance
    • Free PC Protection for the first three months
    • Vodafone Mentor
    • choose from a 12, 18 or 24 month contract

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Find out more[/font][/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There is through Vodafone 

Vodafone Simply Broadband Max
    Superfast budget broadband, unlimited usage and nothing else
    from €32

up to 70Mb speed
    unlimited usage allowance
    Free PC Protection for the first three months
    Vodafone Mentor
    choose from a 12, 18 or 24 month contract

Find out more
    That plan costs €35 if you are not a Vodafone customer and is over a minimum 18 months, there are also extras(installation and modem costs) unless you sign up for the 24month contract! There is also a limit to the unlimited usage which is 300GB

foggy_lad wrote: »
    That plan costs €35 if you are not a Vodafone customer and there are extras(installation and modem costs) unless you sign up for the 24month contract! THere is also a limit to the unlimited usage which is 300GB

Sorry yes, 35 Euro's is what I pay.

300 cap alright no mention of any cap on Eircom.

Eircom charge 60pm

Vodafone        35. so if you're downloading over 300 a month you can add another 150 gb for 5.99 still works out 19 pm cheaper than eircom.

Eircom make you pay for using the phone which most people don't want.

BTW im only on 12 month contract for 35pm.

I'm also not going to get fibre, so 6mb is all I can get since 2006.

Maybe there are installation costs but 60pm won't be long adding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mullalliman

See, I rang vodafone, and they told me I had to go on their non fibre package. They said my line wasn't able for it. But eircom says it is.

See, I rang vodafone, and they told me I had to go on their non fibre package. They said my line wasn't able for it. But eircom says it is.
    The Eircom and Vodafone says I'm capable of getting up to 24 mb which a few months ago said only up to 7, so of course when I rang they both said I can only get 6 max as the exchange isn't upgraded nor is there any plans to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mullalliman

The Eircom and Vodafone says I'm capable of getting up to 24 mb which a few months ago said only up to 7, so of course when I rang they both said I can only get 6 max as the exchange isn't upgraded nor is there any plans to.

I was given this map, https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1M_lYcvMkt7xIqqSa43TdS1s25oRqtA2JgpxAkYM#map:id=4

and I was told it had all the exchanges that were upgraded to VDSL. My local one is less than 300m away. So unless the map is incorrect, I don't understand how there could be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi mullalliman,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will check Fibre availability in your area?

I will also check what packages are available to you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement