Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightforce v deben tracer.

Options
  • 31-05-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I had a lightforce for a while now with relatively little use.

It bolloxed the dimmer is gone I have it rewired now just with a switch and its working just no dimmer.

The guy in the shop will replace it or credit note which ever.he was saying that the tracer with dimmer is prity much the same as the old lightforce system which is better. The new lightforce 170 dimmers give trouble which mine did.

Now what I'm wondering is am I aswell to stay with the lightforce with no dimmer or change to a tracer 170. Or is there any point in getting another lightforce hoping I won't have the same problem.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

Stick with the lightforce. Get him to replace. Chances are the second one won't be faulty. You should have a new warrenty with the replacement one so if it goes again it can be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭td5

Another vote for Lightforce. Tracer a very poor second in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Stick with the lightforce. Get him to replace. Chances are the second one won't be faulty. You should have a new warrenty with the replacement one so if it goes again it can be replaced.

I never looked at it like that to be honest. Is it worth the hastle doe
    td5 wrote: »
    Another vote for Lightforce. Tracer a very poor second in comparison

Even if they are known to have problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Lightforce every time, the Tracer is not a patch on the 170, even a bolloxed one

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

lightforce all the way have both

• Advertisement

Was in with him today he was pushing the tracer on me but I stuck to my guns and got him to order in the lightforce for me. I was holding both they are exactly the same. What's the difference is it just the bulb or what. The dimmer is the same as the old lightforce one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

Was in with him today he was pushing the tracer on me but I stuck to my guns and got him to order in the lightforce for me. I was holding both they are exactly the same. What's the difference is it just the bulb or what. The dimmer is the same as the old lightforce one.

It's the bulb and the reflector, its the way it gathers and throws the light.

Infairness he was trying to say its splitting hairs between them.

Anyway I've a new one on order so I should have it next week at some stage hopefully.

Advertisement