Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney or twin wall flue new build

Options
  • 31-05-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Still planning a two storey house, wondering would it be cheaper just to fit a twin wall flue rather than build a chimney it will be for a stove considering the extra blocks, clay liners , flexible flue pipe, flashing the chimney and angls for plastering and blocks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kieranhr

I reckon if you do the actual costings on it, there'll be very little in the difference. You still have to pay for flashing it, plus the cost of the twin wall flue itself. Externally, I'd prefer to be looking at a proper chimney than a twin wall flue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wastewater

If I did build a chimney would there be any need for pot liners as i would have to drop a steel liner any way, or for the sake of a few euros and blocklayers confusion put one in anyway

Advertisement