Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Share query

Options
  • 31-05-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have recently moved into a house share and must change the electric and gas into our names as instructed by the landlord.
    The electric is with yourselves and the gas is with bord gais

How to I go about switching the electic and gas to my name and get the gas to electric ireland. Can it be done on the phone

Are the can it be done after 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Dzilla,

Thanks for getting in touch. To register the account in your name, you will need the MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) and GPRN (Gas Point Reference Number) for your property and current meter readings.

If you have decided to set up Direct Debit, you should contact our Sales department on 1850 30 50 90 Monday-Friday 8am- 8pm, Saturday 8am-6pm, as they can set up your account and also talk you through any price plans which you are eligible for.

If you have decided not to pay via Direct Debit, you must contact our Service department on 1850 372 372. If you are a new customer, there may be a €300 security deposit applicable. Their lines are open Monday- Friday 8am-8pm.

You should be able to set everything up over the phone. If you've any other questions about the process, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Thank you for your help, I will call them after work

Advertisement