Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough cost of extension

Options
  • 31-05-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all, was looking into getting a extension built on the back of my house. Would involve moving the kitchen from the front to the back. Would not be a huge extension just a standard size kitchen. I had it in my head that it would cost about 10-12k. Am I crazy in thinking I would get it for this price? I am in South Wicklow.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi all, was looking into getting a extension built on the back of my house. Would involve moving the kitchen from the front to the back. Would not be a huge extension just a standard size kitchen. I had it in my head that it would cost about 10-12k. Am I crazy in thinking I would get it for this price? I am in South Wicklow.
    Thanks.
    the kitchen could cost you that, but without more detail/ on-site assessment how on earth could one comment

• Subscribers Posts: 41,647 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks.

i would think your at the very minimum budget wise there for a 12' x 12' room, assuming you use basic products and materials.

A half decent kitchen from cash and carry will cost you around 3- 3.5 K

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Very basic rule of thumb is €100 per square foot/€1000 per square meter.

What size is the proposed extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

The price wouldn't include the new kitchen, just to get it finished to a stasndard that has the connections etc. Will go by the guide of 100€ per sq foot and measure the exact area.

Sorry about lack of detail, I don't have a clue about these kind of things:( will undertake some reading over the coming days. I presume its better to get extension done in the summer time? I will also be paying cash if that makes any difference.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The price wouldn't include the new kitchen, just to get it finished to a stasndard that has the connections etc. Will go by the guide of 100€ per sq foot and measure the exact area.

Sorry about lack of detail, I don't have a clue about these kind of things:( will undertake some reading over the coming days. I presume its better to get extension done in the summer time? I will also be paying cash if that makes any difference.

That figure would be to basic builders finish, so it will be cheaper if you exclude kitchen etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement