Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Mp3 Player needed ( 80 + Gigs )

• 31-05-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anything on the market that has a capactity over 80 gigs that is not a ipod, I am fed up with them constantly breaking on me, been through 8 since they were first released.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Xenji wrote: »
    Is there anything on the market that has a capactity over 80 gigs that is not a ipod, I am fed up with them constantly breaking on me, been through 8 since they were first released.

8? **** me. I'd hate to see your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mosstin wrote: »
    8? **** me. I'd hate to see your car.
    Lol not one was dropped or damaged in anyway, all hard drive issues, had 4 replaced in a matter of weeks due to the disk skipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Need to be internal memory? I'm sure there are quite a few you could put a 64gb SD card into. I'm in the market for a new player also, was thinking about the Samsung galaxy s player with Android

Have a 32 gig card in my xperia sola , but it can barely even hold a 10th of my music and it cannot use a 64 gig card unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'd be interested to see where you get to on this. At the moment it looks like a 64GB SD card.

What are the touchscreen platers like in practice? I use my mp3 player whilt running so I'm reluctnat to move away from buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Cowon X7. 120/160gb HDD.

Something I've been considering. Hard to find in stock though.

get a clip zip 8gb with a 64gb card which it will support. 72gb right there. swap your music around a bit or get a second card if that isn't enough...

Just got a 64 gig micro SD card in the post and let my Xperia Sola format it and it worked, not quite the capacity I was looking for, but I doubled the capacity of my music for 15 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Xenji wrote: »
    Just got a 64 gig micro SD card in the post and let my Xperia Sola format it and it worked, not quite the capacity I was looking for, but I doubled the capacity of my music for 15 euro.

Cool, how's in working out in practice? I've a 32gb card in my phone, I'd like it to be quicker to refresh at times but not sure that's the phone or the card itself.

steve_r wrote: »
    Cool, how's in working out in practice? I've a 32gb card in my phone, I'd like it to be quicker to refresh at times but not sure that's the phone or the card itself.

Works well so far, just went for a walk around the lake and had no issues with playback or anything crashing, you might have to use your laptop to convert it to Fat 32 first depending on your device .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I'm a fan of cowon too, the jet effects alone set them well above other similarly priced efforts.

I'm a fan of cowon too, the jet effects alone set them well above other similarly priced efforts.

How do you find Cowan, I see that a lot of people has issues with its interface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The interface is fine can be a bit fiddly with playlists. I'm not one for chopping and changing constantly anyway.
    The interface on mine is a touch screen, but i have no issue working it without looking. The actual tech behind Cowons is great and that's my reason for buying one.

Also the amps in Cowons are really strong and can drive some pretty high impedance cans.

Advertisement