Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer turning off

Options
  • 31-05-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi Boards
    I built my computer back in February and this isn't a huge problem but I just wanted to know if I can change it at all. So when I leave my computer on without moving the mouse or doing anything like when I am downloading something and I go down stairs the screen turns of put the computer is still running but if I leave it for longer The computer turns off and I have to press a key on the keyboard and it will come back on exactly as it was when I left except it stops downloading is there anyway to fix this, stop it from turning off, all help would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

You can find your power options under control panel and amend them. It sounds like you have the plan that switches off monitor and puts the PC to sleep after a set period. This can be set to stay on permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Thanks I have sorted it I appreciate the help

Advertisement