Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ partner

• 31-05-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi Boards
    I am getting bored playing DayZ on my own I don't know anyone that has a pc I was just wondering if anyone on boards would like to play
    My Steam ID: TheShark34
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

We just started playing DayZ Fusion on the GaelLords Teamspeak if you'd like to join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Id love to ill download fusion, send me a steam friend request or I can send you one

I probably won't be on tonight, but there will be 3/4 on the TeamSpeak tonight.

Set your host to gaellords.com and there is a DayZ channel.

Grand you couldn't give me a link for fusion can you the one I found isn't working

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

http://papzzzgaming.com/

• Advertisement

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭Glebee

Same here being dipping in and out of dayz a bit recently.
    How do i join up????

Add me on steam and I'll help you out my Id is TheShark34

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Im waiting for the standalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I've been meaning to jump back in but my gaming hours are usually quite erratic. Added you there. richie_eire

• Advertisement

Considering playing a bit of fallujah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I've just added you there (kevovek) never really played with anyone else properly still fairly new to it. I'm on early morning and late night mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I play on breaking point most nights with between 2 - 5 other people. Add me on skype if you want to join: daz0rz

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Mention on other Dayz forum, am playing on another Dayz server Whiskey Delta Irl, irish admins, lot of irish lads on. Just Cherarus, but with good Heli and loot spawns plus regulars events. Am on it quite regularly if you want to team up. On mostly late evenings, can set up teamspeak. Wastedspace

Hi wasted
    Love to play some time i will add you on steam or you can add me My Id is above

Yeah daftftw I added you there on skype give me I shout when your heading on

I think setting up a time we can all go on together or at least a few of us get on a teamspeak channel or a skype choose a server and start playing, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Laviski

was already talking with aron last night getting helping him getting set up for ACE but might as well let everyone else know....

GaelLords.com is a community site mainly for arma we host a number of servers one of which is ACE. but we have a regular following of people on our teamspeak that play everything and anything from warframe WOT War thunder LOL etc to minecraft vanilla/feed the beast and also play other dayz servers like fusion breaking point. so invitation is there for anyone looking for people to play all we ask is that you speak up don't be afraid to start conversation, if you seen ktulu's videos you will hear most of us in those.

Thanks for helping me set up ACE last night

yeah no worries maybe some time over the weekend you can join us in playing escape from chernarus great mission and even better played on ACE. but defo don't be shy and join the ts as the lads are on a DayZ Fusion server atm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I will have a clip of how our escape from chernarus mission went last night up later

I just downloaded dayZ origins if anyone else has it and wants to play message me

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

kay aaron, will prob be on whiskeydelta this evenin after 9 some time

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiser141

Hey all, i don't have the game but was wondering if i can download it anywhere? i really want to start playing , looks awsome if anyone knows were i can get it for free ;D then drop me a msg please thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I've got to say I love DayZ but I'm a little disappointed with the standalone.

I wouldn't mind paying full price for a proper quality title down the line. I don't want DayZ to be released as a heap of crap only to spend the next 12 months ironing out bugs. I've heard there are no vehicles in the launch build either which is a joke of the highest order. My guess is that the mod itself will not die even after the standalone is released. I'd say it'll take at least a year for everyone to switch over given that the standalone obviously and clearly needs a lot mroe time in development.

I think Rocket has created a great concept. I really love the idea of it and I feel very few games give you such an experience as DayZ does but I really do believe that a couple of guys throwing together bits and pieces in their spare time is not what is needed here. DayZ needs some quality development talent working around the clock. People that don't take a vacation in the middle of development to climb a mountain. The game itself as I said is a great concept and I think it could be such a roaring success if a massive amount of money was invested in it going forward however I don't think the guys have the talent or ability to do it....

Just look at The Division from Ubisoft. Looks fantastic. Now I know we can't put an international company in the same category as a couple of modders but still. I'd be very surprised if one of the big corporations didn't want to get a piece of that action....

Yousef wrote: »
    I've got to say I love DayZ but I'm a little disappointed with the standalone.

I wouldn't mind paying full price for a proper quality title down the line. I don't want DayZ to be released as a heap of crap only to spend the next 12 months ironing out bugs. I've heard there are no vehicles in the launch build either which is a joke of the highest order. My guess is that the mod itself will not die even after the standalone is released. I'd say it'll take at least a year for everyone to switch over given that the standalone obviously and clearly needs a lot mroe time in development.

I think Rocket has created a great concept. I really love the idea of it and I feel very few games give you such an experience as DayZ does but I really do believe that a couple of guys throwing together bits and pieces in their spare time is not what is needed here. DayZ needs some quality development talent working around the clock. People that don't take a vacation in the middle of development to climb a mountain. The game itself as I said is a great concept and I think it could be such a roaring success if a massive amount of money was invested in it going forward however I don't think the guys have the talent or ability to do it....

Just look at The Division from Ubisoft. Looks fantastic. Now I know we can't put an international company in the same category as a couple of modders but still. I'd be very surprised if one of the big corporations didn't want to get a piece of that action....

You understand you will be buying an Alpha when the Standalone is released.
    To reflect the incompleteness of the build you pay a discounted price.

If you don't want to play an incomplete version, wait until it is Gold and then pay full price.

please please dont mention ubisoft. i pesonally boycot their games since i bought anno2070, hope they never ever get near bohemia's arma/dayz.

loads of people bought arma3 discounted and cause it is alpha not many playing it until release more content. same will happen to dayz. but as the full release come the price gets bigger.

for me it will be dayz standalone even it means no vehicles ever thats on the condition they sorted the hacking within arma. hope that new server good as it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yosef, nobody is going to put a gun to your head and force you to buy the alpha when it becomes available. Just wait until the full game is released. These guys release a game in alpha stage of development and people like you slate it for being broken. What exactly were you expecting?? ITS IN ALPHA. They showed pre-alpha stage gameplay at E3, and yeah it was a bit rough but when was the last time any others developers had the balls to show that kind of footage at E3??

Personally I admire them for the level of transparency they are showing throughout development and the level of engagement they have with the public. Especially considering the amount of sh!t they have to put up with from the dayz community, their supposed fans, which as far as I can see, is almost exclusively composed of total ****. This is evident when you read threads in places the Dayz subreddit. There is a sickening sense of entitlement. As if Rocket owes them an amazing game.

He didn't exactly decide to drop everything and go on vacation half way through development, judging by what he has said on the matter it was something he had been planning long before Dayz was even as idea in his head. Sorry for the rant but posts like the above really wreck my head sometimes.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Personally I admire them for the level of transparency they are showing throughout development and the level of engagement they have with the public. Especially considering the amount of sh!t they have to put up with from the dayz community, their supposed fans, which as far as I can see, is almost exclusively composed of total ****. This is evident when you read threads in places the Dayz subreddit. There is a sickening sense of entitlement. As if Rocket owes them an amazing game

RhinoCRUUUNNNCHHH!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Counter Strike is only mod that became a decent game that i can think off. And even then there are people who wont play anything other than CS 1.5 cos everything else is rubbish.

I dont think BIS or Rocket will make Dayz standalone a success, the engine isnt made for PVP which is what it has turned into. For it to be a success it needs to be a decent SP game. BIS make an engine that the community mods to whatever the **** they want it to be. Rocket had an idea a brilliant brilliant idea of persistent zombie survival game. It got fcuked over hard by the people who play it, play with anyone on the boards servers and you will see, its all about PVP and killing anyone or anything that moves except zombies.

My personal favourite examples of "how it went to fcuk" is when boards lads on a server starting admin cheating to ensure they had all the vehicles stored somewhere and would quit when being shot at (these were the admins). 2nd favourite is when a boards user used to go into a private TS channel when hunting a player.

I dont play Dayz anymore because of the above, i will buy the standalone but doubt i will play it.

Advertisement