Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copenhagen/Malmo and Stockholm

Options
  • 31-05-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering the best (as in cheapest and easiest) way to get to Malmo, is it flying to Malmo itself or going to Copenhagen? Also, is flying the cheapest and easiest way to get from Malmo to Stockholm?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Train from Cph airport to Malmo is about 15/20 mins. There's no direct flights from Dublin to Malmo any more afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

No, I'd have to go through Stansted, not a disaster if it had to be that way. Seems nearly easier to get from Copenhagen airport to Malmo than Malmo airport, though, plus I presume you'd get a trip across the bridge on the train!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

blastman wrote: »
    No, I'd have to go through Stansted, not a disaster if it had to be that way. Seems nearly easier to get from Copenhagen airport to Malmo than Malmo airport, though, plus I presume you'd get a trip across the bridge on the train!

For all intents and purposes, Malmo is a suburban district of Copenhagen - so just fly direct with Aer Lingus cheap to Copenhagen, as the OP said, travel across the Oresund bridge and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Also check out SAS, i got one way last year for around €50

Norwegian also do Dub-Cph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ryanair to billund is also an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Not really as it is over 250 km west of Copenhagen. It would be madness.

Aer lingus dub to Copenhagen. Train to malmo.. doesn't take long. You get the train downstairs in the airport. Flights around 150

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

This post has been deleted.

i have done it, its about a 3 hour journey by train so not much worse than landing in dublin and going to galway

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ryanair to billund is also an option

Route from Dublin stopped some time ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement