Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office chair around clonmel

Options
  • 31-05-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

any shops around clonmel selling decent office chairs,

I have a bad back so want to get something that is pretty adjustable and comfy

don't mind spending a few quid on it, as I will have it for a long time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

aidanki wrote: »
    any shops around clonmel selling decent office chairs,

I have a bad back so want to get something that is pretty adjustable and comfy

don't mind spending a few quid on it, as I will have it for a long time

Go to the Fieldmaster showrooms in Gortnafleur, Clonmel and explain your situation. They should be able to help you.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Aidan Murphy of AM Office Supplies in Cashel would be able to help you as well.

He'll deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Order on line half the price, just got one on eBay uk delivered in days, very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Order on line half the price, just got one on eBay uk delivered in days, very happy

Fair enough and everyone wants to get the best value for money but it would be nice if OP could put the money into the hands of a local trader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭aidanki

Any chance of a link to what you got from eBay.

How did u manage the shipping, saw a few SH ones on eBay, but couldn't manage the shipping piece.

How much did shipping cost?

• Advertisement

Very hard to test and try anything on line. More important to support your local business where you can. All local businesses need local support!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭aidanki

Xenophile wrote: »
    Very hard to test and try anything on line. More important to support your local business where you can. All local businesses need local support!

I usually try and buy local, eBay is v handy to get an idea of price

aidanki wrote: »
    I usually try and buy local, eBay is v handy to get an idea of price

That's ok. Fieldmaster would be very good with warranty if the issue arose.

Fair enough and everyone wants to get the best value for money but it would be nice if OP could put the money into the hands of a local trader.

That's all well and good but paying €70/€80 online compared to €150+ in store!!! It's great to support local but lads when every € counts I'm sorry but I'll go with what's value, i always buy through PayPal so I've protection if item is faulty.

That's all well and good but paying €70/€80 online compared to €150+ in store!!! It's great to support local but lads when every € counts I'm sorry but I'll go with what's value, i always buy through PayPal so I've protection if item is faulty.

Maybe one day you will go to a shop to buy a last minute gift for a friend, maybe a CD, DVD or a Book and you will find nothing there as everyone has bought on line, shops gone, jobs gone. Maybe this just reflects our short term policies of the past.

• Advertisement

Maybe one day you will go to a shop to buy a last minute gift for a friend, maybe a CD, DVD or a Book and you will find nothing there as everyone has bought on line, shops gone, jobs gone. Maybe this just reflects our short term policies of the past.

Sorry xenophile but don't be preaching to me about how i spend my €, I'll go spend my hard earned € how I feel, if you want to get on your moral high horse great .... I still won't pay over the odds and if I can find what i'm looking for online more power to me and my pocket!!!

Sorry Xenophile but don't be preaching to me about how i spend my €, I'll go spend my hard earned € how I feel, if you want to get on your moral high horse great .... I still won't pay over the odds and if I can find what i'm looking for online more power to me and my pocket!!!

Your response smacks of a little bit of guilt.

Your response smacks of a little bit of guilt.

WTF....now your trying to psychoanalyse me!!! If your happy to pay over the odds I'm happy for you. Legs just leave it at that my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Keep it civil folks. The OP asked for advice on getting a product. It is not to turn into a conversation on where a person should spend their own money.

The Op can get advice on where may sell the product, on prices, and the like, but another sniff of some form of pseudo higher ground based on where a person spends their money will see more than an inthread warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

OP, if you don't buy online, Fieldmaster would be my recommendation too. With something like a chair that offers good support you would probably be better to test it out before buying though.

Advertisement