Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for smartphone repair?

• 31-05-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Hey, I know this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find any recent results.

I dropped my Samsung galaxy ace today and shattered the screen so I need to get it repaired. Where is the best place in the city to get it done? It's not insured.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try the place up on Wickham Street, across the road from Noel's Menswear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

Hey, I know this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find any recent results.

I dropped my Samsung galaxy ace today and shattered the screen so I need to get it repaired. Where is the best place in the city to get it done? It's not insured.

Thanks!

Fonemenders, 66 Catherine Street, Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Fonemenders will charge ya 20 quid just to look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try the place up on Wickham Street, across the road from Noel's Menswear.

[melodrama]Do not try this place![/melodrama!] Went to get a phone unlocked there once, they turned my phone from a fully functional locked phone to a useless paperweight (unable to receive any signal and still locked), and then they had the cheek to seek payment for ruining my phone.

Yes, I'm aware that what happened me could well be an isolated event but I'd have to recommend some place a bit more "official" than a sole trader like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

jordainius wrote: »
    [melodrama]Do not try this place![/melodrama!] Went to get a phone unlocked there once, they turned my phone from a fully functional locked phone to a useless paperweight (unable to receive any signal and still locked), and then they had the cheek to seek payment for ruining my phone.

Yes, I'm aware that what happened me could well be an isolated event but I'd have to recommend some place a bit more "official" than a sole trader like this.

I would also agree with this, Ive seen some very shoddy work even to the point where IMEI stickers were removed when handed in for repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

jordainius wrote: »

Jesus, really? That's a shame, I googled that place and it seemed to have some good reviews. Fonemenders broke my friend's phone more when he sent it there for repair, plus I've heard they're very pricey so I was reluctant to use them.

Anyone know if the place in Foxes Bow is any good? It's the only other place in town that I can think of. Very little Google results when I searched.

Thanks for the replies anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

My daughter took hers and her brothers phones to the guy at the back of Dance City in Roches street and had no problems. I'm not sure of the little road, but its like an alley. He charges approx. 15-30 depending on the phone and she collected them an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Just to update this I actually got it repaired today in the place in Foxes Bow at the back of Darkside. Cost €45 and it was done in an hour, no problems. Thanks everyone!

Advertisement