Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Car Parks near Dundrum Town Centre

Options
  • 31-05-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I got a parking fine in a car park just next to Dundrum town centre. It was close to the cinema. On the pay and display ticket it's called Sandford RCP. I called dlr co co to pay the fine and I was told that it's not one of their car parks. I couldn't get any further information from them. So I've no idea who to contact to pay the fine.
    The pay and display ticket has the dlr logo on it so I had assumed it was one of their car parks.
    To be precise, I was told they couldn't track the ticket because my car reg wasn't showing. I asked several times if Sandford RCP was one of their car parks and eventually I was told it wasn't. But maybe he just wasn't sure.

Can anyone out there shed some light on whether it's a dlr car park or not? And if not, who runs it? I need to pay this fine within the next week.
    I've tried a number of searches but nothing has showed up.

If it's of any use, the parking charges were €1.20 per hour.

Hopefully someone can help me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

GHER wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I got a parking fine in a car park just next to Dundrum town centre. It was close to the cinema. On the pay and display ticket it's called Sandford RCP. I called dlr co co to pay the fine and I was told that it's not one of their car parks. I couldn't get any further information from them. So I've no idea who to contact to pay the fine.
    The pay and display ticket has the dlr logo on it so I had assumed it was one of their car parks.
    To be precise, I was told they couldn't track the ticket because my car reg wasn't showing. I asked several times if Sandford RCP was one of their car parks and eventually I was told it wasn't. But maybe he just wasn't sure.

Can anyone out there shed some light on whether it's a dlr car park or not? And if not, who runs it? I need to pay this fine within the next week.
    I've tried a number of searches but nothing has showed up.

If it's of any use, the parking charges were €1.20 per hour.

Hopefully someone can help me.
    Thanks

Does the fine itself not detail how you pay it? Would be the first time I've heard of a fine that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GHER

I should have said that I've lost the ticket for the parking fine! I only have the original pay and display ticket. Lesson to me to read my post before posting!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Can you go back to the car park and see what the signage says? (Don't get fined again...!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DLRCoCo have outsourced there parking stuff to park rite who run a separate company called dun laoighre parking services. The council probably have not got any details on tickets and you should contact fun laoighre parking services

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Can you post a google map link to the exact loacation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I presume its the one opposite winters

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They will write to you informing you that a ticket was placed on the windscreen, this is to cover situations where someone whips away the ticket for reasons known to themselves.

DLR Parking services website...

https://www.dlrps.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If it is the one with the bike racks at the entrance, opposite the Indian restaurant, then it has DLRCoCo signage all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GHER

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Can you go back to the car park and see what the signage says? (Don't get fined again...!)
    No can do, it's a 400km round trip!!

Advertisement