Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great results for the Irish Phoenix squad and team at Bisley.

• 31-05-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭

Just to add to the results from the Phoenix

I forget to mention that there were a few other awards too......
    • Ireland won the World Championship in Centerefire Gallery Rifle 1500 (By a margin of 5x)
    • Ireland took Silver in the World Championships in Smallbore Gallery Rifle 1500
    • A New World Record score in "The Granet" by Noel Thomspon a member of the Harbour House Sports Club in Kildare.
    Also that all the Irish squad members won or were placed in some of the competitions they entered and so took home medals.

401902_10151645193538676_2031257446_n.jpg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Good job all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Great Job! Well done all! That's a sweet medal/awards haul - "World Champions 2013" does have a very nice ring to it - and Silver in the Worlds is a none-to-shoddy result either! Fair play - massive congrats all round: You've all done yourselves, your clubs, your sport, and your nation proud. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Savage guys well done.

What's the patches any chance of a close up of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

Savage guys well done.

What's the patches any chance of a close up of them.

Patches are presented to the Team members only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Well done lads. Congrats!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

This was my first trip to bisley and certainly wont be my last. I had a fantastic time there and shot some fantastic comps like the bianchi, advancing target and Pheniox A. I came 2nd in D class 1500 smallbore and 3rd in pheniox A B class. Bisley camp and range is just unbelievable to visit and shoot on. Im already saving for next years trip.

TB26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    This was my first trip to bisley and certainly wont be my last. I had a fantastic time there and shot some fantastic comps like the bianchi, advancing target and Pheniox A. I came 2nd in D class 1500 smallbore and 3rd in pheniox A B class. Bisley camp and range is just unbelievable to visit and shoot on. Im already saving for next years trip.

TB26

Great achievement with those scores Tommy, even more so as your just starting out in the Gallery shooting disciplines.

And you managed to finish the BIG ice cream cone (there should have been a comp. for that as well) :p:p:p:p

Roll on next year.
    I'm going to shoot more of the longer range stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Well done boys. Sorry I can't be there today for the celebrations, but I'll be there in spirit.... see you soon.

Advertisement