Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - Cheques and Online Banking

Options
  • 31-05-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

I really need help figuring this out, currently in floods of tears over this.

Very long story short, I made a lot of payments and transfers and lodgements the past couple of days. Today I lodged a cheque (from another bank) into my AIB account. I know it takes 5 days to clear but here's my question:

On the online banking page my "Balance" and "Available Funds" are the same, does this mean the cheque hasn't been taken into consideration by my online account yet? If it had wouldn't the balance be x+y and the available funds would be x?

I'm panicking because I'm missing around that amount of money. But I'm not sure how it disappeared and AIB online banking statements don't detail everything I need to know.

Another question is, is there a way to go through your account transactions in a bank or over the phone? Is that a done thing? Because if it indeed is missing, I want to get to the bottom of it, it's almost definitely something I did but I want to know what I did to cause the mishap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

On the online banking page my "Balance" and "Available Funds" are the same, does this mean the cheque hasn't been taken into consideration by my online account yet? If it had wouldn't the balance be x+y and the available funds would be x?

Did you lodge it with a teller or via the quick lodgement machine? (It's possible if it's the latter it just hasn't been applied to your account yet, but I would imagine by this stage in the evening the majority would be).

Generally, yes - but there are a few occasional exceptions where the cheque value is applied immediately, without waiting for clearing.
    Another question is, is there a way to go through your account transactions in a bank or over the phone? Is that a done thing? Because if it indeed is missing, I want to get to the bottom of it, it's almost definitely something I did but I want to know what I did to cause the mishap.

Pretty much transactions can be traced in the long run. If, for whatever reason, there is still a problem then go in and talk to your branch.

Advertisement