Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP NEEDED...Regarding courses in WIT

• 31-05-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Dear Forum,

I'm from India and recently received an offer letter from WIT for two courses.
    1- Msc in Computing (Information Systems /Processes)
    2- Msc in Business, Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship.

I'm quite confused about which one i should go for. I have around 6 years of IT and ITES experience in one of the biggies here in India..Currently working as a Project Lead for one of the ITIS projects. Both these courses will help my career in India however,i would like to know the career prospects of these courses in Ireland. I'm planning to atleast gain 1-2 years of Irish experience before i return back to my country.

Please let me know the placement facility available WIT. How about securing a part time job in and around waterford..Is it really hard to get one?

I know the current economic climate is not that good but still i've heard from my educational consultant that the job opportunities are good..

Kindly let me know the real time scenario of the future career prospects of these courses...

Thanks in Advance..
    Dev
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Hi Dev,

I finished a Computing Masters in WIT about a year ago (although it was not one of the courses you have listed). From what I know I think the Msc in Business, Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship is a new enough course so I don't know much about it. From what I've heard from others the Msc in Computing (Information Systems /Processes) isn't that well run a course. I don't have any personal experience of this but this is what I've heard from others, so it may not be true.

The Irish economy isn't in great shape at the moment but IT is one of the only areas that is doing well, so with your years of experience I don't think you'd have too much trouble picking something up. WIT is closely aligned with the TSSG http://www.tssg.org so there is the possibility of maybe picking up something there.

With a Masters under your belt and your experience I don't think you'll have much trouble finding a job when you're finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 devppc

Thank you for the kind reply Johnnykilo..

I'm also offered a seat in ITB for MSc computing (2 year stream) and i'm highly confused about which one to go for...

Do you have any idea about ITB.

It'd be great if you could temme the about the availability of part time jobs in & around Waterford and ITB...

Thanks in Advance

Advertisement