Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick boat club 1870

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I was wondering if the boat club on sarsfield bridge is still in use..
    http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/images/survey_specific/fullsize/21512013_1.jpg
    I would really like to explore it (if it's legal of course) so if anyone has any info I'd be grateful! ;)

I never see anyone going in or out, or any lights on, but a man comes by regularly to mow the grass. I popped an email off to a colleague to ask for contact info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

There was a pub in it a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Buckeye wrote: »
    I never see anyone going in or out, or any lights on, but a man comes by regularly to mow the grass. I popped an email off to a colleague to ask for contact info.
    testicle wrote: »
    There was a pub in it a few years ago

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Still belongs to LBC, the members still have the keys etc. Last time we rowed out of the boat house was about 4 years ago. There was big plans to redevelop before the recession hit. There was some issues around preservation of the building due to its rare (but leaky) 'Belfast' Roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

wingnut wrote: »
    Still belongs to LBC, the members still have the keys etc. Last time we rowed out of the boat house was about 4 years ago. There was big plans to redevelop before the recession hit. There was some issues around preservation of the building due to its rare (but leaky) 'Belfast' Roof.

Okay, thanks! Guess I won't be going there this summer then

• Advertisement
Advertisement