Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good takeaway in cork city

Options
  • 31-05-2013 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

am feeling hungry and fairly new to cork. any decent takeaways near sundays well road!? of the burger variety maybe. doesnt have to be tho
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128345

Incidentally, there's a Meetup.com meet tomorrow. It's all just peeps that want to meet new peeps in Cork. The group is called "Meetups in Cork" (you may be surprised to learn!) and tomorrow is just drinks. You should come along for the larf if you're free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

cantdecide wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128345

Incidentally, there's a Meetup.com meet tomorrow. It's all just peeps that want to meet new peeps in Cork. The group is called "Meetups in Cork" (you may be surprised to learn!) and tomorrow is just drinks. You should come along for the larf if you're free...

thanks, i might do.
    on the other thread. where is that KC's place? douglas it says. is that out of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Vanhalla wrote: »
    am feeling hungry and fairly new to cork. any decent takeaways near sundays well road!? of the burger variety maybe. doesnt have to be tho
    thanks

Murphys on Gerald Griffin Street is the best chipper north of the Lee. Amazing fish and chips, onion rings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

thanks, i might do.
    on the other thread. where is that KC's place? douglas it says. is that out of town?

Miles outta town. Worth it if you drive.

I'd recommend the Fish Wife on MacCurtain st if you're feeling energetic enough for the stroll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

evilivor wrote: »
    Murphys on Gerald Griffin Street is the best chipper north of the Lee. Amazing fish and chips, onion rings etc.

cool. might head up there now.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

+1 to the fish wife suggestion, just after a feed from there and it was savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

thanks, i might do.

Its a good bit away alright. Well worth the walk, cycle or taxi ride.
    If its just a burger you want i wouldnt bother but they do a variety of pitta breads that have a serious taste of more off them. Easily the best take away in cork but people that go in for a burger and chips usually leave disappointed due to the hype but its not their burgers that people rave about.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fortjames

Pizzaplus in Glanmire are also good and cheap, their number is 0214858866

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Allumni

cantdecide wrote: »
    I'd recommend the Fish Wife on MacCurtain st if you're feeling energetic enough for the stroll...

+1 - went there once and it was great. The prawns were lovely.

Istanbul for a kebab. Savage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

kcs to empty your bowels beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 34,212 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is it just me or has the chips gone down a notch or two in Lennoxs in past 5-10 years?

Had Lennoxs for first time in years last week and again yesterday and was not same as before.

Still nice and I will treat myself every so often there but thought Chips were nicer then average but no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is it just me or has the chips gone down a notch or two in Lennoxs in past 5-10 years?

Had Lennoxs for first time in years last week and again yesterday and was not same as before.

Still nice and I will treat myself every so often there but thought Chips were nicer then average but no more.

Had it on Sunday and chips were skinnier than I remember. Whole point of a chippers chips is to be chunky. I know of no chippers with genuine chunky chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Mushy wrote: »
    Had it on Sunday and chips were skinnier than I remember. Whole point of a chippers chips is to be chunky. I know of no chippers with genuine chunky chips.

Anybody noticed the annoying trend of places no longer putting salt and vinegar on your chips but leaving sachets on the counter to take with you instead? It's the same as waiting for a few minutes before putting butter on toast, salt and vinegar needs to go on straight away damnit! Was given an excuse about about "health risks", I'm in a chipper ordering chips that have been deep fried ffs....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Anybody noticed the annoying trend of places no longer putting salt and vinegar on your chips but leaving sachets on the counter to take with you instead? It's the same as waiting for a few minutes before putting butter on toast, salt and vinegar needs to go on straight away damnit! Was given an excuse about about "health risks", I'm in a chipper ordering chips that have been deep fried ffs....

Health risks?! What health risks occur with putting salt and vinegar on stuff?

The sachets definitely aren't the same.

Faith wrote: »
    Health risks?! What health risks occur with putting salt and vinegar on stuff?

The sachets definitely aren't the same.

You've obviously never gotten salt and vinegar in a paper cut on your finger!!

Advertisement