Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lovely weather here in cork

Options
  • 31-05-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

the last 3 days. smashing here in cork city. the first of summer this is.
    if only we could get a few weeks of it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SashaM

Sssh, don't jinx it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

While the weather for the weekend itself won't be too bad at all,,it looks like the best of it will be after the weekend..

3 Day Outlook
    General : Temperatures will recover through the rest of the weekend, with possibly 19 or 20 C., in a few places on Monday. Better sunshine also, if rather hazy in nature, but not completely dry. Present indications suggest that temperatures are likely to get up to the high teens and low twenties well into next week.

Saturday night will be mild and misty in all areas. A lot of dry weather is expected, but some patches of drizzle may affect coastal counties of the north and west at times. A few patches of fog are possible elsewhere also. Lowest temperatures of 6 to 9 C., in light variable breezes.

Sunday will be bright and mainly dry over Leinster, much of Munster and east Ulster, with a mixture of cloudy periods and some sunny spells. Highs in these areas will range 15 to 18 maybe 19 C.
    But it will be a mainly cloudy, misty morning elsewhere, with some patches of drizzle, fog and light rain in places. But it should dry out later in the afternoon and evening over Connacht, and west Ulster, with some bright spells developing. Temperatures in the north and west of the country will be in the range of 14 to 16 C.
    It will be mild and misty on Sunday night. Most places dry, but a little drizzle may well affect parts of the north and west coasts, with lows of 7 to 10 C.

Bank Holiday Monday will be very mild with top temperatures of 17 to 20 C., with the highest values expected in the east and south of the country. Most places should be dry, with a mix of sunny spells and cloudier intervals, with the sunshine rather hazy. But a few showers may break out in northern areas in the afternoon. Winds will be light variable.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week look like being quite warm and mainly dry days. Good spells of sunshine are indicated, with temperatures in the high teens or low twenties. While most places should be dry, these temperatures and increasing humidity may spark off the odd heavy shower at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

MrFrisp wrote: »
    While the weather for the weekend itself won't be too bad at all,,it looks like the best of it will be after the weekend..

3 Day Outlook
    General : Temperatures will recover through the rest of the weekend, with possibly 19 or 20 C., in a few places on Monday. Better sunshine also, if rather hazy in nature, but not completely dry. Present indications suggest that temperatures are likely to get up to the high teens and low twenties well into next week.

Saturday night will be mild and misty in all areas. A lot of dry weather is expected, but some patches of drizzle may affect coastal counties of the north and west at times. A few patches of fog are possible elsewhere also. Lowest temperatures of 6 to 9 C., in light variable breezes.

Sunday will be bright and mainly dry over Leinster, much of Munster and east Ulster, with a mixture of cloudy periods and some sunny spells. Highs in these areas will range 15 to 18 maybe 19 C.
    But it will be a mainly cloudy, misty morning elsewhere, with some patches of drizzle, fog and light rain in places. But it should dry out later in the afternoon and evening over Connacht, and west Ulster, with some bright spells developing. Temperatures in the north and west of the country will be in the range of 14 to 16 C.
    It will be mild and misty on Sunday night. Most places dry, but a little drizzle may well affect parts of the north and west coasts, with lows of 7 to 10 C.

Bank Holiday Monday will be very mild with top temperatures of 17 to 20 C., with the highest values expected in the east and south of the country. Most places should be dry, with a mix of sunny spells and cloudier intervals, with the sunshine rather hazy. But a few showers may break out in northern areas in the afternoon. Winds will be light variable.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week look like being quite warm and mainly dry days. Good spells of sunshine are indicated, with temperatures in the high teens or low twenties. While most places should be dry, these temperatures and increasing humidity may spark off the odd heavy shower at times.

feckin mighty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

looks like itll be a hot one for the marathon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Wow! I can't believe the weather's been so nice! :). Me and my doggy have been out for lovely long walks WITH NO BROLLY -YAY!!

I can get the washing done in the morning, hang it out and bring it in dry without festooning the airer. I can wash our coats, and get them dry in case they're needed again. I can even wear short sleeves!!! :D

We're even thinking of digging out the garden furniture. Since I've moved here, it's only been out twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cork is great for weather lads, a great county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Cork is great for weather lads, a great county
    You are right there lad. But the weather has been shockin... for a long time now. Nice today though.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Don't get excited lads, it won't last :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Love it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

From M.E...

Tuesday to Friday (inclusive) : Mainly dry, settled weather continuing, with spells of warm sunshine each day. Daytime temperatures will reach the low 20s in most inland areas, but it will be a little cooler in coastal areas with sea breezes developing during the day. Otherwise the winds will be mostly light to moderate, easterly or variable in direction, perhaps freshening after midweek. While most places should be dry, there is a risk of a few heavy, thundery showers breaking out.

Next weekend : Early indications suggest that it will remain warm, with sunshine and a risk of thundery showers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

okay so we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

Wow! I can't believe the weather's been so nice! :). Me and my doggy have been out for lovely long walks WITH NO BROLLY -YAY!!

I can get the washing done in the morning, hang it out and bring it in dry without festooning the airer. I can wash our coats, and get them dry in case they're needed again. I can even wear short sleeves!!! :D

We're even thinking of digging out the garden furniture. Since I've moved here, it's only been out twice!

Good god you need to get a job!!!

Advertisement