Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Coke is best ?

Options
  • 31-05-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

We have recently been buying all types :
    • Black label - Zero Coke
    • Silver label - Diet Coke
    • Red label - regular Coke

Which is best / worst Coca-Cola ?

Which Coca-Cola do you prefer ? 67 votes

Black Label - Zero Coke
    0% 0 votes
    Silver Label - Diet Coke
    68% 46 votes
    Red Label - Regular Coke
    31% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thread needs a poll. Regular coke all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

You have to ask? Regular Coke. Diet Coke tastes like cat's vomit, with an aftertaste of rat's piss

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously regular Coke, but it probably contributed to my diabetes and I can't drink it any more so Coke Zero is a decent substitute. Diet Coke shouldn't even have the name Coke on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Regular Lidl Coke!! (Freeway Cola to be exact....)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Pfft. Losers, vanilla all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Caffeine free diet cherry coke for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 47 _Myg

Im with GarIT here, vanilla coke FTW!

(On a side note, the best alternative is curiosity cola from fentimans :X)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

If we are talking cola flavoured soft drink then Pepsi (regular) has my vote. Coca-Cola = too many bubbles (over carbonated) imo! Treated myself to a pricey bottle 25cl for €2.50 a while back, can't remember name of it but it was nearly flat just a hint of fizz & very tasty, but waaay to pricey to buying as a mixer..

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Regular...from a glass bottle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Regular...from a glass bottle!

Do you mean the one behind the bar , costing €2.40 a bottle ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Coke Zero for me, I'm trying to lose weight, so having some every now and then helps tame my sweet tooth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Do you mean the one behind the bar , costing €2.40 a bottle ?

That'd be the one alright I'd say, Coke from a glass bottle is great stuff, It's usually the only time I get it as I've (kinda) given up but allow myself one if I'm out somewhere for lunch. Controversial I know but for me nothing goes better with food than good old Coca Cola.

I remember the cherry coke craze in the 80s, that was something else.

I was in the US in the late 80s when they changed the formula and there was practically riots over it, it didn't last long but they retained the new one and put "classic" on the old one, no prizes for guessing which one was more popular, does it still say "classic" on the American product?

There is a nice cola drink only available in Brittany, tastes like cola mr Freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Regular coke by a long shot. I don't actually mind coke zero but diet coke and caffeine free coke are pure pish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Not a big drinker of fizzy drinks but do allow myself the odd glass of regular coke, and if I'm in Spain, always out of a glass bottle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Are coke zero and diet coke not the same thing just marketed differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

alan1990 wrote: »
    Are coke zero and diet coke not the same thing just marketed differently?

Taste wise no. Coke Zero is much closer in taste to Full Coke.
    Glad to see no one is opting for the white powder coke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

:DI was wondering when someone would mention the marching powder

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

One user already received a warning & the post was removed. So let's stay on-topic.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

No Pepsi?!

Regular coke it is then.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC05123-1_zps472c09b7.jpg

Since I started this thread , was having breakfast in Supermarket , just over the Coke aisle , and did notice that most customers there were buying the regular red label ,.
    And the poll has confirmed this one is most popular .

Its my favourite too , but we often buy the diet variety , as it can be easier to drink .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Regular coke all the way.

And since no one else has mentioned yet, Diet Coke and Coke Zero are the exact same thing just with a different label. Coke felt that their marketing for Diet Coke had been too aimed at women and that men wouldn't buy it, so they started putting the exact same stuff in bottles with a different label.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

stevenmu wrote: »

And since no one else has mentioned yet, Diet Coke and Coke Zero are the exact same thing just with a different label. Coke felt that their marketing for Diet Coke had been too aimed at women and that men wouldn't buy it, so they started putting the exact same stuff in bottles with a different label.

Diet Coke and Coke Zero taste completely different though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Different ingredients...

Hmm, I seem to be the victim of an urban legend. I just checked and they are indeed different products with different ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hmm, I seem to be the victim of an urban legend.
    The same product is a myth, the marketing is certainly no myth. Its the same with Pepsi Max, with the macho ads of guys doing daredevil stuff, and 7up zero.

I reckon they spent years developing coke zero. I think it might also have a thickener to make it seem more syrupy.

I know 2 guys who will not drink coke zero but will drink diet coke. One of them will not drink regular coke either, and not for health/obesity reasons, just doesn't like it. I love coke zero and hate diet coke, I would take almost any cheapo diet cola over diet coke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_Coke
    Diet Coke does not use a modified form of the Coca-Cola recipe, but instead an entirely different formula. The controversial New Coke, introduced in 1985, used a version of the Diet Coke recipe that contained high fructose corn syrup and had a slightly different balance of ingredients. In 2004, Coca-Cola introduced Coca-Cola C2, which it claims tastes much closer to Coca-Cola but contains half the carbohydrates. In 2005, the company introduced Coca-Cola Zero, a sugar-free variation of regular Coca-Cola

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Zero
    It is a low-calorie (0.50 calories per 150ml)[1] variation of Coca-Cola specifically marketed to men, who were shown to associate diet drinks with women. It is marketed as tasting indistinguishable from standard Coca-Cola, as opposed to Diet Coke which has a different formulation.
    I didn't think it was marketed to men specifically, like pepsi max sort of is. I have heard more girls rave about it than guys -but maybe the guys I know are still worried about the macho crap.

I'll have to give Zero a try so, I don't like Diet because all I taste is that chemical sweetener, but Zero sounds a little better in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭lau1247

Regular coke for me too and yes it taste even better served from glass bottle

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

I've tried Coke Zero a few times since, on the back of this thread. It's not quite as nice as regular Coke, but a billion times better than Diet Coke anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Regular Coke followed by Cherry Coke for me

Advertisement