Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to Threads

Options
  • 31-05-2013 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there a minimum response rate or some sort of minimum standards agreed with boards that the talk to companies have to adhere to.

For instance a comparison of the mobile providers, Vodafone is shockingly bad.

MOgToX2.jpg
    --
    CJLfEDK.jpg
    --
    NnXCCf6.jpg
    --
    fVque96.jpg
    --
    YxrQNa8.jpg

Apologies if this is not the relevant place to post this or if its just none of my business :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dav wrote: »
    1) Boards.ie doesn't tell any of the businesses who have a Talk To forum how to do their jobs. Obviously enough, we provide training on the platform and guidance on how best to deal with certain sorts of things. If you see a list of unsatisfactory responses or you don't think any particular company isn't doing things right, well then you can factor that into your purchasing decisions. The response time and response rate statistics are there to help you see what any particular company is like to deal with. It's also worth pointing out that all the companies were happy to see these added as it's important for them to show people how they're dealing with the issues that arise on their forum.
    Just wondering is there a minimum response rate or some sort of minimum standards agreed with boards that the talk to companies have to adhere to.

So I guess not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Fair enough so, thanks for finding that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Only after realising what that thread was about (the above quoted thread that Dav posted in).

The thread title put me off opening it because it looked like a rant :D

I wouldn't have made this thread if I had read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

In essence, he's saying that boards is merely a (revenue generating) conduit for these commercial entities. After that it's caveat emptor. And that's fair enough. Once it's openly stated.

I think that the performance of a company on here is an excellent way to gauge their overall competence, myself.

Advertisement