Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buffalo river gun safe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Asporadic

Not sure about that particular safe, but i have the 6 gun and it does fit 4 scoped rifles but its a tight one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have their wide 6 gun safe, and it holds 6 scoped rifles.

The one in the link is only 10" x 10". That seems a bit narrow for 5 scoped rifles, but should easily hold 3 and most probably 4. Depends on the spacing.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I've a scoped rifle and a shotgun in one and I don't think I'd even fit another shotgun into it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Jaysus lads did i get some sort of freak safe that actually holds what it says on the tin?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

i have that exact safe and it will only hold two scoped rifles and a shotgun or maybe one scoped rifle and three shotguns at a stretch. it seems to be designed moreso for shotguns or unscoped rifles as the scoped guns have to be turned at an angle because the safe isn't deep enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Cass wrote: »
    Jaysus lads did i get some sort of freak safe that actually holds what it says on the tin?

I think so

I have a 5 gun safe with two scoped rifle and a semi and its nice room to take each gun in and out. Don't know if it would be as cleanly done with 5 in it. I like the to have loads of room and so there not touching. Or leaning on each other.

It sound like you will definitely need more than a 5 gun safe, haven said that the better the safe then more chance of it holding what it says it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LiamLad

Haha I love this website ,my first question gets answered on the same day ........anyway thanks for the replys the way i see it would be to go to my local gunstore and see whats there and maybe bring my guns along and see if they fit again thanks for the help:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

Looks like it. I find you always have to -1 from the figure they quote. Unless you want them damaging each other on the way in and out. Then like me, if you throw a s+s into the mix you may minus another one from the amount it'll hold. Even the ballistic turrets on the sides of one of my scopes are a tight squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I have their wide 6 gun safe, and it holds 6 scoped rifles.

The one in the link is only 10" x 10". That seems a bit narrow for 5 scoped rifles, but should easily hold 3 and most probably 4. Depends on the spacing.

I take it you got the silver series 6 gun one?

The 5 gun is the bronze series.

The 6 gun one is double the price and 200mm taller, 110mm deeper & 110mm wider so its suited for rifles.

The 5 gun will fit a 2 scoped rifles and a shotgun and an absolute struggle. might be easier with 40mm scopes. The shotgun has to be in the middle and the 2 scopes sideways over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

You won't get more than two rifles and a shotgun into the safe in the link. And at 10" deep its not nearly deep enough for scoped rifles. With turrets, a wide stock and a bolt handle rifles take up a lot of room.
    I wonder when manufacturers quote the number of guns their safes hold are they quoting fishing rods:rolleyes:. Cos they never hold the stated number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭SVI40

Hi,

I just got this one a couple of weeks ago, Q3115S1, the 7 gun, 360mm deep, and my silhouette rifle with extra high mounts fits perfectly, with ample room for the scope.

Overall a very nice safe, and I'm very happy with it.

Regards,

SVI40

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I have the one you're looking at and it will take two scoped rifles and a sxs. Just. Five gun me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LiamLad

Just looked at their website and saw that safe, could you tell me what the price was and what series was it .....bronze,silver etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

i have that safe op linked, will just about hold 3 scoped rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭SVI40

Hi Liam,

It's the Silver series. I got it trade, so cost me €370.00 including delivery. I believe Ardee Sports are the agents.

Here's the link to Buffalo River http://www.buffaloriversafes.com/silver%20series.html

Regards,

SVI40

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

You have no hope in fitting all that into that safe. I got the 6 gun silver series at chistmas costing 349.99 delivered. good safe with plenty room. very prompt delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Robotack wrote: »
    Looks like it. I find you always have to -1 from the figure they quote. Unless you want them damaging each other on the way in and out. Then like me, if you throw a Sprong into the mix you may minus another one from the amount it'll hold. Even the ballistic turrets on the sides of one of my scopes are a tight squeeze.
    +1 That' for sure.

Advertisement