Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverpoint apartments? any feedback?

• 31-05-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello!

I'm about to rent a two bedrooms apartment in Riverpoint. I really liked it, the building, the views and also the Kitchen (it doesn't have a kitchen in a 2x2 room, is an open kitchen in the living room so everything is easier).

Is there any recent feedback? I saw old posts about problems and noise but are from posts of a few years old.

Anyways, that's all, I would work on Henry Street so is less than 5 minutes from work.

Thanks for any comment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I've been here for about 5 months and my experience has been mostly positive so far. The location is great as are the views as you mentioned and overall I'm pretty happy.

There has been a couple of issues that you should probably be aware of. One is the fact that the fire alarms have gone off a few times (about once a month since I've been here), on two occasions they went off around 3 - 4am which isn't a nice experience. All have been false alarms and lasted about half an hour. We received letters saying it was due to people tampering with them or smoking in the corridors.

Another negative is the roadworks that are ongoing along the quay. These might not bother you depending on your sensitivity to noise and where you apartment is. I'm lucky to be right beside them but they haven't bothered me too much until this past week when they started demolishing the road behind the garda station at 7am which was insanely loud, there was no way anyone on this side would sleep through it. There may have been complaints made as they didn't make as much noise until after 8:30am the following mornings.

I hope this is helpful and not too late. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Advertisement