Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enpree Blender & Soup Maker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I use a cheap blender(bought for €50/€60 a few years ago) for my smoothies sauces and soups, no need to buy anything flash they work all the say.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A hand/stick blender is great for doing soups. Just cook it in a pot or slow cooker and blend it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

When I first read the thread title I though it was one of those all-in-one soup makers / blenders, but it appears to be just a (rather expensive) blender.

A stick blender is more than adequate for making soup. I think Lidl had one on offer recently so there may be some left in some stores.

The only thing to watch with them is that unless you're making large quantities, you may have to tip the pan a little to ensure the head of the blender is completely submerged, unless you want your kitchen re-plastered with freshly made soup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aber77

Hi Karpaty, just wondering if u got the Enpree blender and if so do you recommend it? I'm thinking of getting a vitamix too but wondering if the Enpree is worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I did a loooottt of research into this. I have a blendtec blender myself, use it 2-3 times each day, have had it for a few years and some friends were interested in getting something similar and I wanted to get one as a gift for somebody too. The blendtec and Vitamix are pretty much on par with one another, but there are a few machines out there that offer almost as good a blend, but at a cheaper price. I think the Omni Blend is possibly the same machine as the Enpree and maybe just sold under a different label.

Either way, the Omni Blender is a genuine JTC product and from my research, I ended up buying from http://www.omniblendkitchenblenders.co.uk/

All the innards of each machine is the same, some just have different controls, presets etc. I went for the Omni I 2L BPA Free, I preferred the idea of the manual controls as I never use the presets on my blendtec and it was a bit cheaper for the same blend quality. I went for the 2L as it's better for smaller quantities due to the more narrow base where the blade is. The BPA free jug isn't supplied with the I model yet, they just got a new shipment recently (I was in touch via email about the order) but perhaps they will swap your jar for a BPA free 2l jar as I think they have a few spare BPA free jars in stock.

Anyway, the cost to me was:

£229 for the 2L Omni I
    £10 extra for the BPA free 2L Jar
    £15 shipping to Ireland

That's £254 total and they gave me a coupon to use "7off" so when you enter this, you get £7 off to give a total of £247 for what looks to be the exact same model, if not better plus has a 7 year warranty as opposed to what seems to be only 12 months on the Enpree.

What I like about the website too is that they are pretty honest and admit it's not as good as the Vitamix, but it's pretty close and a lot cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Aber77

Thanks cormie, I saw a demo of the omni blend recently, looks like it does a similar job to the vitamix. How is the omni working out for the person you got it for, do you think there is much difference between it and the blendtec?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I haven't had a chance to have a look yet myself, my friend also got one for himself in the same order, I haven't had a chance to look at that either. Here's a good comparison video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kzPQiIKL8

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Karpaty

Hi Aber77,

Yes, I ended up getting the Enpree blender. Very happy with it - at 2200W its by far the most powerful blender I've used. Anything I throw in there gets smashed and crushed in seconds. It's ideal for smoothies, although I haven't used it as much for soups as I would've liked to.

For almost half the price of Vitamix, you're getting the same if not better specs - bought it on Amazon.

Advertisement