Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three.ie

• 01-06-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have had nothing but terrible service from this company since I signed up with them with the 60g broadband service. Every month I've had to call them because if the inconsistency of the connection. Connection drops suddenly. Can't use YouTube, PlayStation, netflix, or any kind of streaming device. I've called them at least 6 times since November 2012 with the same problem. I get the usual "network is down in your area", or "try again in 24 hours". I have to explain every time the same information with the same complaint. If I knew how to get out of this waste of money contract, I would do it straight away. Biggest waste of money in my house. Nobody to come from 3 to see how crap the service is, as it seems they are too far to drop by. I wish that stupid 18 month contract was over already so I could get something that works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You should post your complaint in the Talk to........3 forum. The reps there may be of assistance. Just note they will not be back till Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 adrianm68

where are you located? I am thinking about signing up to 3 because I cannot get cable. I have been using their mobile Internet on a week to week basis (2gb 1 week 10e) , and it seems OK, not great, but OK. might be my only option. I don't know of any other carrier that offers 60gb mobile wireless.

it could just be your area, since I have not had any dropouts, and yet I have been using it in a semi rural locale.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stansgone

I'm in Balbriggan. I would love it to work properly. It is a great deal, but it hasn't worked right since I got it. I don't recommend it for gaming or streaming as it can be disconnected at any time. Download speed is not getting up to even 1mb download. Very annoyed with having to keep calling their call centre. If it was another company, they prob would've sent someone out by now to keep me as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 adrianm68

stansgone wrote: »
    I'm in Balbriggan. I would love it to work properly. It is a great deal, but it hasn't worked right since I got it. I don't recommend it for gaming or streaming as it can be disconnected at any time. Download speed is not getting up to even 1mb download. Very annoyed with having to keep calling their call centre. If it was another company, they prob would've sent someone out by now to keep me as a customer.

yep, it is slow, but I think it's going to be my only option. they are offering the package without a contract now, which will allow me to cancel anytime. is there no way to break your contract based on unreasonable service? this kind of thing is discussed a bit in the sky broadband thread.

I just tested my speed and am getting about 2.5mbit/sec. like I say, OK but not great.

Advertisement