Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIOR CERT SO CLOSE!

Options
  • 01-06-2013 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Okay so the Junior Cert is in like what? Four days? What's everyone doing for the last days of study? I just can't seem to open any books surrounding me :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Revising some subjects on the second week :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm excited, can't wait for Maths and English and other subjects! :D I'm dredding Irish though, that's the only subject i'm not looking forward to... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I'm excited

I am not excited. I am not excited at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

I'm only excited for this week knowing that the easiest exams are on but the week after that, History and Business....dreading it...

I'm only excited for this week knowing that the easiest exams are on but the week after that, History and Business....dreading it...

I know, right? -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

I seem to be spending all my time on history and geography. Irish and Science are the only ones I'm confident for, plus I'm doing music so mine is dragged out until the 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Revising for maths, English paper 2 and geography mainly. Confident with ordinary level Irish. Will put some focus onto the 2nd week of exams but not a lot until next weekend. Looking forward to Business though, 91% in the mocks so hoping I can repeat that.

Out of all the exams I'm pretty much worried about everyone of them except for Irish, Business and English and of course who would worry about CSPE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Revising for maths, English paper 2 and geography mainly. Confident with ordinary level Irish. Will put some focus onto the 2nd week of exams but not a lot until next weekend. Looking forward to Business though, 91% in the mocks so hoping I can repeat that.

Out of all the exams I'm pretty much worried about everyone of them except for Irish, Business and English and of course who would worry about CSPE?

I'm not going to study for ordinary irish until the night before :D

I'm grand for Irish, I can't help but worry for English, but in reality I'll be fine and Business... well, lets just say I can't wait to kick theory out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I'm grand for Irish, I can't help but worry for English, but in reality I'll be fine and Business... well, lets just say I can't wait to kick theory out the door.

Business accounting is driving me bleedin' mental. I lose a ridiculous amount of marks in the short questions because I don't know how to do them stupid accounting questions. It pisses me off that I might not get an "A" because of them stupid questions :mad:

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Business accounting is driving me bleedin' mental. I lose a ridiculous amount of marks in the short questions because I don't know how to do them stupid accounting questions. It pisses me off that I might not get an "A" because of them stupid questions :mad:

I don't get the short question ones either, to be honest, but as a whole accounting is better in the exam, due to being guaranteed.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I don't get the short question ones either, to be honest, but as a whole accounting is better in the exam, due to being guaranteed.

I was doing the "Section A" of Paper 1 today and got in the 60%'s in them questions all because of the stupid accounting :mad: I want to get my business medal off NUIG :p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

I was doing the "Section A" of Paper 1 today and got in the 60%'s in them questions all because of the stupid accounting :mad: I want to get my business medal off NUIG :p:o

omg haha same our teacher was like hands up if you're coming with me to Galway :P Oh I'm so scared I really want an A in English and Maths badly, they're the only two I want but I kind of think I won't be able to and I'll probably end up with a B in Irish. And ugh Geography, I could go on forever :(

omg haha same our teacher was like hands up if you're coming with me to Galway :P Oh I'm so scared I really want an A in English and Maths badly, they're the only two I want but I kind of think I won't be able to and I'll probably end up with a B in Irish. And ugh Geography, I could go on forever :(

Don't worry about it in the words of my older friends "it's only the Junior Cert" :P. I don't have any tips for maths but with English just DON'T waffle it's better to have an answer that explains everything but is only half a page long then two pages full of crap. Keep your eye on the time and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Story of my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

For English, German, All Business Subjects, maybe the Science subjects, Geography and also History, you just get split up into Honours and Pass in most schools I think because that's what our school does.

While in our school for Maths, Irish, French and maybe Science, they check your grade and split you up into Top, Second, Third, Bottom Honours and then Pass.

Also our History teacher who is also an English teacher told us that there is absolutely no link between Junior Cert and Leaving Cert History so it is possible that you can be amazing at Junior Cert and get an A and then get Average like a C/D in leaving cert. (also apparently theres some project worth 20%). He also told us that Leaving Cert English has no link to JC.

For English, German, All Business Subjects, maybe the Science subjects, Geography and also History, you just get split up into Honours and Pass in most schools I think because that's what our school does.

While in our school for Maths, Irish, French and maybe Science, they check your grade and split you up into Top, Second, Third, Bottom Honours and then Pass.

Also our History teacher who is also an English teacher told us that there is absolutely no link between Junior Cert and Leaving Cert History so it is possible that you can be amazing at Junior Cert and get an A and then get Average like a C/D in leaving cert. (also apparently theres some project worth 20%). He also told us that Leaving Cert English has no link to JC.

Your history teacher is right, you could be brilliant at ancient history but that isn't going to come up on your LC, it's all modern history. But I have my project picked for history already, I'm getting my reading done over the summer on it but I already know heaps about it anyways;)

Your history teacher is right, you could be brilliant at ancient history but that isn't going to come up on your LC, it's all modern history. But I have my project picked for history already, I'm getting my reading done over the summer on it but I already know heaps about it anyways;)
    You doing TY or 5th year? :eek: and how do you know what topics you get for your History project? XD

You doing TY or 5th year? :eek: and how do you know what topics you get for your History project? XD

You could do your History project on absolutely anything you want, that's what our teacher told us. He told us one of his old Leaving Cert students did it on the "Origin and Development of the Barbie Doll".:D

I'm not doing History because my parents won't let me but I would have properly done it on something like "Change in Superhero Films over time".. LOL

I'm going straight into 5th year, only 5 people wanted to do TY so it isn't going on :p

• Advertisement

I'm going straight into 5th year, only 5 people wanted to do TY so it isn't going on :p

Hilarious!!! LOL. Our school I think will have 40-50 TY's in September but our school is huge (nearly 300 third years).

TY is only useful if you started school early and if you're around 1 year younger than everyone else.

Hilarious!!! LOL. Our school I think will have 40-50 TY's in September but our school is huge (nearly 300 third years).

TY is only useful if you started school early and if you're around 1 year younger than everyone else.
    My school has 250 pupils in total! My school is very small lmao! My class is the only class out of 3 3rd classes that are doing TY. The rest are going 5th or LCA.:rolleyes:

300 third years wow, there's about 500 people in my entire school!

300 third years wow, there's about 500 people in my entire school!

There's more than 1200 students in my entire school and it is friggin horrible. I ranted about how bad it is in the JC Achievements forum about 10mins ago then Spurious edited what I said.:mad: I told her

"Spurious seriously... Can't a guy let off some steam and seriously you don't need to edit everything that I said and also what Positivealf said . God, and there was me thinking that the corrupt mods from Boards.ie were going to leave after my crazy encounter with them at the summer...mad.png "

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's more than 1200 students in my entire school and it is friggin horrible. I ranted about how bad it is in the JC Achievements forum about 10mins ago then Spurious edited what I said.:mad: I told her

"Spurious seriously... Can't a guy let off some steam and seriously you don't need to edit everything that I said and also what Positivealf said . God, and there was me thinking that the corrupt mods from Boards.ie were going to leave after my crazy encounter with them at the summer...mad.png "

1200 students in your school - you know that more or less identifies it, or makes it one of a very small number?
    Please think about what you are posting.

I thought spurious was a male :confused::confused:

Spurious I'm 95% is a lad ;) ^^

then why did fisher say ''I told her''

Spurious is a female.

• Advertisement

then why did fisher say ''I told her''

Fisher thinks he's a girl?

Advertisement