Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIOR CERT SO CLOSE!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Fisher thinks he's a girl?

lol!!!
    I think he spend too much time ''under the water''
    if you know what I mean :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

examstress wrote: »
    Story of my life...
    Business accounting is driving me bleedin' mental. I lose a ridiculous amount of marks in the short questions because I don't know how to do them stupid accounting questions. It pisses me off that I might not get an "A" because of them stupid questions :mad:

What accounting questions are you talking about? General Journal, Debtors/Creditors Control Account or those Purchases/Sales/Debtors/Creditors accounts? My business teacher gave us easy ways of remembering how to do the general journal and the debtors/creditors control accounts.

As for ordinary level Irish, a few hours on the night revising key phrases for the postcard/letter is all you need really since comprehensions is just copying out of them directly unlike higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

spurious wrote: »
    1200 students in your school - you know that more or less identifies it, or makes it one of a very small number?
    Please think about what you are posting.

Yes... It is <snipped >

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Don't worry about it in the words of my older friends "it's only the Junior Cert" :P. I don't have any tips for maths but with English just DON'T waffle it's better to have an answer that explains everything but is only half a page long then two pages full of crap. Keep your eye on the time and you should be fine.

oh shoot how do I know if I'm a waffler? For my unseen I always right a page in each but i donno :/ I learned off an essay and my teacher didn't mark it so i hope i get a nice examiner i guess :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

oh shoot how do I know if I'm a waffler? For my unseen I always right a page in each but i donno :/ I learned off an essay and my teacher didn't mark it so i hope i get a nice examiner i guess :/
    Aim high, and you'd have the mentality to achieve high. Don't worry. You know you're a waffler if you're trying to make your answers longer but saying useless things.

• Advertisement

lol!!!
    I think he spend too much time ''under the water''
    if you know what I mean :cool:

Guys, Spurious is obviously a female because she's clearly angry and negative about everything which suggests that she is on her period.... And if there's one thing that good ol' science has taught me it's that only females can have a period. Therefore we can conclude that Spurious is a female. End of story:D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Guys, Spurious is obviously a female because she's clearly angry and negative about everything which suggests that she is on her period.... And if there's one thing that good ol' science has taught me it's that only females can have a period. Therefore we can conclude that Spurious is a female. End of story:D

Absolutely flawless logic.

CHANGE IN TOPIC

Did anyone started wetting their pants at night? English paper one and two only 3 days away basically, I cant't describe how I feel, I feel like something is going to go wrong somewhere on paper one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

CHANGE IN TOPIC

Did anyone started wetting their pants at night? English paper one and two only 3 days away basically, I cant't describe how I feel, I feel like something is going to go wrong somewhere on paper one.

I am not even going to study for English
    wait for the day before start 'cramming operations'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

CHANGE IN TOPIC

I wasn't going to mention this but anyways I've been having nightmares of the English exam, it's going to be ridiculously hard (that's what she said ;)) one of the functional writing questions was "Write a love letter to somebody":eek::eek: I ended up sitting at my desk crying whilst everybody else had left half-way through the exam. The examiner slowly walked up to my desk, snatched the tear stained paper out of my hands and proceeded to leave the room while I sat there whimpering at my table :(

So the exam is going to be grand!

• Advertisement

CHANGE IN TOPIC

I am actually frightened about English because I suck at everything on Paper 1 and suck at everything twice as bad at Paper 2. I got 40% in the mocks which is ironic since I got 76% in Irish which isn't my native language.

I just can't think outside the box, and even for Irish, I find it easy because our teacher gives us dozens upon dozens of sentences and notes every week especially on short stories

Our English teacher though I think is trying to make us fail on purpose. She told us that we weren't allowed to do the Modern Drama on Paper 2 for the mocks and for when she let us re-do Paper 2 because she thinks that it just makes you lose marks and that "if you can't comprehend a basic Shakespearean extract then you are not prepared at all for Leaving Cert"

What accounting questions are you talking about? General Journal, Debtors/Creditors Control Account or those Purchases/Sales/Debtors/Creditors accounts? My business teacher gave us easy ways of remembering how to do the general journal and the debtors/creditors control accounts.

As for ordinary level Irish, a few hours on the night revising key phrases for the postcard/letter is all you need really since comprehensions is just copying out of them directly unlike higher level.

Could you share the easy way to remember how to do the general journal and the debtors/creditors control accounts, I'll buy you a packet of tayto!!

Everyone calm down! English is english, so what you expect?

Could you share the easy way to remember how to do the general journal and the debtors/creditors control accounts, I'll buy you a packet of tayto!!
    Tayyyyyyytooooo *Galway accent* You should hear my geography teacher say it .. never gets old:rolleyes:.

I wasn't going to mention this but anyways I've been having nightmares of the English exam, it's going to be ridiculously hard (that's what she said ;)) one of the functional writing questions was "Write a love letter to somebody":eek::eek: I ended up sitting at my desk crying whilst everybody else had left half-way through the exam. The examiner slowly walked up to my desk, snatched the tear stained paper out of my hands and proceeded to leave the room while I sat there whimpering at my table :(

So the exam is going to be grand!

I nearly failed Paper 1 but I think my teacher felt sorry for me so she gave me 40%. I didn't understand the reading comprehension (identify two styles of writing evident in the extract), I did alright in functional because it was either a holiday review or a speech, then I messed up the personal writing (only wrote a page for my debate and got 28/70) and finally I misunderstood the Media Studies and messed it up so bad I got like a 5/40.

I nearly failed Paper 1 but I think my teacher felt sorry for me so she gave me 40%. I didn't understand the reading comprehension (identify two styles of writing evident in the extract), I did alright in functional because it was either a holiday review or a speech, then I messed up the personal writing (only wrote a page for my debate and got 28/70) and finally I misunderstood the Media Studies and messed it up so bad I got like a 5/40.
    Two styles - Engaging Opening
    - Incidential Detail (Adverbs, adjectives etc, names of places, dates/times etc)

I don't know how you can get 5/40 on media studies ...:eek:

Sounds like I got the same paper as you but my examiner was awful for it. He/she marked my answers ridiculously low I got 67%, my teacher said I should have got 75%+. They completely skipped over the 2nd part of my media studies question as well giving me 0/20 marks. Out of my class of about 24 HL English students, there was 1A, 1B, 13C's and 9D's

Two styles - Engaging Opening
    - Incidential Detail (Adverbs, adjectives etc, names of places, dates/times etc)

I don't know how you can get 5/40 on media studies ...:eek:

Maybe by panicking then picking the hard question instead of the easier alternative and then halfway while your doing the hard alternative and then you start the next part of that question, it is something like "Write a radio commercial targeted at young people promoting your favourite TV Series" or something like that.

For Part (b) - I wrote like 2 or 3 sentences like "Will is a new kid who is going to live with his aunt and uncle at Bel-Air. You can watch all his problems and what's going on in his life in Fresh Prince of Bel-air. Stay tuned to Channel 4.

Therefore, I can conclude that with the right amount of panic, choosing the wrong question then basically writing like nothing for the other part of that question, It is easy to get 5/40. Maybe I got like 10 or 15 out of 40 though because I just don't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Spurious is a female.

LMFAO ARE U SERIOUS?

LMFAO ARE U SERIOUS?
    I'm always serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

My sleeping routine is so messed up now... I have a feeling I'll sleep through the first exam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Junior Cert — those were the days.

Just remember, its arguably the least important exam you'll ever do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

I like walkers more because I'm Scottish. :rolleyes: This may be completely useless but it works for me.

With the general journal, write A&E above the dr column. A for assets and E for expenses, rest is on creditors side then. Remember ordnary share capital is the balance figure in the general journal.

For the debtors control account, you're a bad student so balance and sales go on the dr side.

For creditors control account, you're a bad pupil so balance and purchases go on the cr side.

I assume balancing the debtors/creditors control accounts aren't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

Im doing the debate for Irish and im getting really scared that im hearing of no one else doing it!! :( Anyone here doing it??

Val97 wrote: »
    Im doing the debate for Irish and im getting really scared that im hearing of no one else doing it!! :( Anyone here doing it??

Nope :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Val97 wrote: »

The less people do a question, the less there are for yours to be compared with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Please try to keep on topic. I've moved ~300 posts to the Off Topic Thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This thread went from 12+ pages to 4? Wow, so speed modding there!

:sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

Does anybody know how to study for irish hl grammer section ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

juniors wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to study for irish hl grammer section ?

Just do all of them and learn how to write ages correctly

Advertisement