Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIOR CERT SO CLOSE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

juniors wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to study for irish hl grammer section ?

Modh Coinniolacht is supposed to be on this year but you never know. And probably your reamhfocals which i cant really help cause i dont really know how to do those even though i want an a (Silly me) will prob end up with a b, our teacher said not to worry about it cause its only 10 marks she said to make sure our essays comprehensions and letters filiocht and pros and the rest are perfect :P anyone wanna help me for irish listening?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

Modh Coinniolacht is supposed to be on this year but you never know. And probably your reamhfocals which i cant really help cause i dont really know how to do those even though i want an a (Silly me) will prob end up with a b, our teacher said not to worry about it cause its only 10 marks she said to make sure our essays comprehensions and letters filiocht and pros and the rest are perfect :P anyone wanna help me for irish listening?

My teacher was saying she doesnt think the ModhC will come up that its too hard but its on the sylabus so to just learn the endings incase :P Shes predicting the AimsireC and I really hope she is right! :P I want an A so bad too! Hopefully we will get lucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

Val97 wrote: »
    My teacher was saying she doesnt think the ModhC will come up that its too hard but its on the sylabus so to just learn the endings incase :P Shes predicting the AimsireC and I really hope she is right! :P I want an A so bad too! Hopefully we will get lucky :D

Im praying the aimsir c will come up since it hasent come up since 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

It would be a dream if the Aimsir Chaite came up.

I'm just hoping that the ModhC doesn't come up. Our teacher never even went through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kaylee101

Could anyone briefly explain the modh coniollach just in case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

kaylee101 wrote: »
    Could anyone briefly explain the modh coniollach just in case?

Ok, so it's actually quite simple (apart from irregulars, which you have to learn off) I'll just do all the regulars first:

M.Ch: An Chéad Réimniú : BRIATHRA LEATHANA (e.g Tóg, féach, ól)

-fainn
    -fa
    -fadh sé/ sí
    -faimis
    -fadh sibh
    -faidís

An Chéad Réimniú : BRIATHRA CAOLA (e.g caith, fill, éist)

-finn
    -feá
    -feadh sé/sí
    -fimis
    -feadh sibh
    -fidís

An Dara Réimniú: BRIATHRA LEATHANA (e.g tosaigh, fiosraigh, ullmhaigh)

(N.B Bain amach an -aigh agus cuir isteach na deirí sin

-óinn
    -ófá
    -ódh sé/sí
    -óimis
    -ódh sibh
    -óidís

An Dara Réimniú: BRIATHRA CAOLA (e.g dúisigh, fulaing, oibrigh)

(N.B Bain amach an -igh " " " " " ")

-eoinn
    -eofá
    -eodh sé/sí
    -eoimis
    -eodh sibh
    -eoidís

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Ok, so it's actually quite simple (apart from irregulars, which you have to learn off) I'll just do all the regulars first:

-fainn
    -fa
    -fadh sé/ sí
    -faimis
    -fadh sibh
    -faidís

-finn
    -feá
    -feadh sé/sí
    -fimis
    -feadh sibh
    -fidís

-óinn
    -ófá
    -ódh sé/sí
    -óimis
    -ódh sibh
    -óidís

-eoinn
    -eofá
    -eodh sé/sí
    -eoimis
    -eodh sibh
    -eoidís
    :eek::eek:Should I be worried if my Irish teacher didn't teach my class this?:eek::eek:

:eek::eek:Should I be worried if my Irish teacher didn't teach my class this?:eek::eek:

It might come up in the part where you have to change tenses, I've only seen it once or twice in the exam papers though... you probably won't need it but I went through it yesterday and I'm doing the Briathra Saor today. you never know! I'm lucky that I have an amazing Irish teacher... absolutely hated Irish until I got her!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kaylee101

-fainn
    -fa
    -fadh sé/ sí
    -faimis
    -fadh sibh
    -faidís

-finn
    -feá
    -feadh sé/sí
    -fimis
    -feadh sibh
    -fidís

-óinn
    -ófá
    -ódh sé/sí
    -óimis
    -ódh sibh
    -óidís

-eoinn
    -eofá
    -eodh sé/sí
    -eoimis
    -eodh sibh
    -eoidís

thank you!! Just one more question, what is the modh coinniollach used to express? Could you give an example of a sentence?

It might come up in the part where you have to change tenses, I've only seen it once or twice in the exam papers though... you probably won't need it but I went through it yesterday and I'm doing the Briathra Saor today. you never know! I'm lucky that I have an amazing Irish teacher... absolutely hated Irish until I got her!
    I'm jealous :o

• Advertisement

omg if the ac comes up i will cry with happiness and forget everything else i learned with excitement please please please be a.c i will seriously die of happiness :P I'm screwed for listening though. Yea i hope we get A's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

-fainn
    -fa
    -fadh sé/ sí
    -faimis
    -fadh sibh
    -faidís

-finn
    -feá
    -feadh sé/sí
    -fimis
    -feadh sibh
    -fidís

-óinn
    -ófá
    -ódh sé/sí
    -óimis
    -ódh sibh
    -óidís

-eoinn
    -eofá
    -eodh sé/sí
    -eoimis
    -eodh sibh
    -eoidís

My teacher always said not to bother with the faimis, fimis, óimis or eoimis and instead do fadh muid, feadh muid, ódh muid and eodh muid. Obviously if you know them, use the first way (it probably looks better anyways), but just a little tip if you're having difficulty learning them :)

My teacher didn't teach it either? :/

kaylee101 wrote: »
    thank you!! Just one more question, what is the modh coinniollach used to express? Could you give an example of a sentence?

It is used to express ' would' or 'could' e.g Bhuailfinn le mo chara ag an dioscó dá mbeinn ann ( I would meet with my friend at the disco if I were there.)

I'm Jealous too, my irish teacher hates me, she'd kill me if she could :P It's cause I didn't actually bother looking at anything to do with Irish till easter but now im pretty good at it and i get a's in all class tests but she still hates me :P

Well, most of the people in my class complain about how much work we get and stuff but it really pays off in the end! During the year I would probably spend the most time doing Irish, probably more than two hours a night.

omg if the ac comes up i will cry with happiness and forget everything else i learned with excitement please please please be a.c i will seriously die of happiness :P I'm screwed for listening though. Yea i hope we get A's :D

Hahaha I will probably be the same :D Im hoping that in the listening it isnt someone from the North talking...I will have no hope if it is :L

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Hahaha I will probably be the same :D Im hoping that in the listening it isnt someone from the North talking...I will have no hope if it is :L

I hate that dude, ''ES MISE PEADARRRRRR, TA MEY I MO CONE-E I DAINGEAN''

Peadar better be taking this year off anyway... How are you preparing for the listening? Are you just doing the exam paper tape or are you going all out and watching TG4?:p I watch Aifric :') ahah

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Peadar better be taking this year off anyway... How are you preparing for the listening? Are you just doing the exam paper tape or are you going all out and watching TG4?:p I watch Aifric :') ahah

Go in and hope to jaysus it's not hard hahah

Go in and hope to jaysus it's not hard hahah

French will be worse :L

• Advertisement

I don't know if I'll study for the Irish listening. I don't even have a cd player to play the cd in. For the French listening I'm just listening to French rap :P

Stooped wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll study for the Irish listening. I don't even have a cd player to play the cd in. For the French listening I'm just listening to French rap :P

You could probably find it somewhere on the internet :P I think its like 10-15% so if your aiming for an A id go over some ! :) Il go downoad some French rap now :L

oh god theres usually always one from the north ughh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I always start laughing my hole off when he comes on, that accent can't be real he has to be putting it on :P I don't mind another other person from Ulster but he's just annoying

All in all, I think the big question of the Junior is...

...what town will come up on the geography map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'd love if my town came up seeing as it's in the backend of nowhere

Mine came up before so thats my chances out :L

... thousands of possiblities ...

... thousands of possiblities ...

lets hope its sligo then
    :P it definitely won't be in dublin... to many people know dublin like off by heart :P

• Advertisement

Mine came up in the 2007 one I think. So far the towns that have came up are:

Carrick-on-Shannon
    Dingle
    Carrick-on-Suir
    Wicklow
    Galway
    Drogheda
    Killarney
    Mullingar
    Ballina
    Carlow
    Kinsale

My bet would be on Youghal in Cork.