Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Closed Shop

• 01-06-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

My present broadband contract ran out and I looked around for a broadband offer that was reasonably priced as I only require 5 or 10mbs speed and 5-10 gig download. I was possibly going overseas in the next few months and did notwant to sign a new contract for 12 months. So I was looking for a monthly
    offering. I expected it to be a bit more expensive and was prepared to get my own router. Not one of the many suppliers offered such an option. In my book that smacks of agreement tacit or not and they should be made to consider the needs of people here for shorter periods .I know that I can use a Mobile data supplier and there is one which would suit my needs. However the area I live in has interference , believe from the local hospital,which makes this supply iffy. Anyone with any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bogjumper wrote: »
    My present broadband contract ran out and I looked around for a broadband offer that was reasonably priced as I only require 5 or 10mbs speed and 5-10 gig download. I was possibly going overseas in the next few months and did notwant to sign a new contract for 12 months. So I was looking for a monthly
    offering. I expected it to be a bit more expensive and was prepared to get my own router. Not one of the many suppliers offered such an option. In my book that smacks of agreement tacit or not and they should be made to consider the needs of people here for shorter periods .I know that I can use a Mobile data supplier and there is one which would suit my needs. However the area I live in has interference , believe from the local hospital,which makes this supply iffy. Anyone with any suggestions. Thanks in advance

If you are prepared to pay "double" for a six month contract, just get a 12 month contract, and view the termination fee as the price for a short term contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Bogjumper wrote: »

Magnet do non contract DSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

Could you not have stayed on a month to month basis with your provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bogjumper

No not on the original terms. In answer tp paying double premium that is a bit too high for a pensioner. Lastly thanks for the tip re Magnet.

Advertisement