Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tank

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

buzz wrote: »
    Congrats Danny!!

PS I don't want any money for them... You can have them!!
    Im trying to clear out some of the tanks.

Missus has had enough!!!

I have to downsize to 2 tanks, In my own house:rolleyes:

Cheers sure pm me when you want rid of them and we can sort something out

I'm lucky so far that she is on board but little does she know I'm eyeing up an upgrade when we move house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

I've been following this thread with interest because I'm also interested in setting up a tank, started with 2 cold water fish for the kids and ..... well, ye know the story.

Anyway, can i ask where you got your tank? it looks great. A second hand one would do, once i could get the appropriate stand as well.

Hate to be an armchair critic but i think the blue background looks better then the buzz one.

Congrats on your baby by the way, I also have 2 kids and a similar age gap judgeing from the size of your little lad. In a year or so they will be best friends... when they're not fighting and you'll have a bit more time for stuff like this again :)

Buzz is slowly coming out of the tank for good, I will be setting up a smaller tank for my other half soon and he might just accidently end up in there :)

As for my tank I bought it 2nd hand off good aul done deal its a 260 liter came with the stand,filter, heater and a good lot of other stuff and I paid €350 for it, keep an eye out on there and adverts as you will come across a good one

The kids love it, we where just away for a few days and my oldest missed them like crazy so much so I had to show him old pics and pass them off as new ones just to let him know all was ok

Do a good bit of research on setting up a warm water aquarium before you start off and just take your time with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sleepy wrote: »
    Much as I like Toy Story, the new background makes the fish stand out much better.

Congrats on the new arrival!

Would agree with this, I couldn't really see the fish in the old pictures.

Looking great!

i finally got around to fixing my light unit, as many of you know the juwel units seem to give up after a while, see pic below of the damage

ED590009-5DC6-46A9-BD62-E7F3624E193C-4903-000006C00C0B4E51_zps8bab46b5.jpg

i was a bit shocked to see that and luck was on my side as we had some contractors in work installing some new lighting and i got talking to one of them who kindly gave me a new ballast with a much higher temp rating as he said the one that burnt out was just cheap sh1t, he also made me up a wiring diagram as the old one had 8 wire out puts and the new one had only 6

with some cutting, shouting, soldering, more shouting, sealing and coffee the unit was up and running again

129C9FB1-70B6-44FC-AAD3-F4BAE6470306-3289-000003274CED6F31_zps6b62b745.jpg

i cant get over how much the proper lighting brings out the colour in my cichlids i spent a good few hours over the weekend looking at them its like have a brand new tank all over again, even the misses and kids where having a ball discovering the fish all over again

E3EF1B92-2949-451B-B6A6-0C29D146BD6E-4247-000004237AF8219F_zps320403cf.jpg

644FC445-3F50-4735-910F-F5C64A328FC4-4247-00000423744DC0E2_zps5178c3e9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looking great, fair play for sorting the lighting system too.

thanks well worth doing it yourself if a unit blows on you

Advertisement