Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical Engineering in UL or UCC

Options
  • 01-06-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello,Im looking to do Chemical Engineering next year in either UL or UCC.Going to UL would mean driving in and out every day as I live 25 mins from the college while UCC would mean getting accomodation.My parents have told me they'll buy me a car if I go to UL.So what should I do based mainly on which one is the better chemical engineering course and what is the better situation, driving in and out of UL every day or staying in UCC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I don't know much about the UCC course, but I can vouch for the UL one as being an excellent course even though it's still quite young (we'll have our first graduates in 2014). PM me if you want more info

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Hi there, just after finishing 1st Year in UL, brilliant course even if its a bit challenging in places, but every engineering degree is. Roughly 7 people in each year so you get to know everyone really well, heard more people are looking at it this year compared to previous ones so might have more. Some of the lecturers aren't great but as far as the main guys for chemical engineering go they are dead on. Don't know much about the course in UCC, know a guy doing it and hes getting through it fine

Advertisement