Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life guard training? in south dublin?

Options
  • 01-06-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hey, so i've recently finished all my swimming lessons and i'm thinking of lifeguard training? but i don't know much about it so i was wondering if you could help me in by filling me in with all the info in becoming one and what you have to do? (i'm thirteen just to let ye know.) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

To be a fully qualified lifeguard you have to be 16, the best thing for you to do is maybe rookie lifeguard, check out iws.ie or ask your local pool about rookie lifeguard rlss

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SJ_IRL

You have to be 16 to do the actual Pool Lifeguard Award but you need to work towards it anyway so you can start now. (Rescue 2 Award is the requirement to do the exam) I went every Saturday night over ~3yrs. The smaller courses like Safety, Basic Life Support, Endurance and Rescue 1+2, you can start at 13. There are many pools that do these courses in dublin so the best thing to do is to ring them and sort out what course to start off with. Here's a list for pools in dublin that do IWS courses w/ phone numbers.

Advertisement