Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bins

Options
  • 01-06-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just wondering if i did;nt pay for my bin,trying to cut back a bit, how long would i get before dohenys would stop taking it. house near me at 3 months and still going strong but i would'nt be that brassy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Fill up the neighbours bin in the middle of the night and don't worry about any charges at all sure!

Before we went to direct debit we were a couple of months out and still got collected so no idea really.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 homestyle

okeydokey. might give it a try. hope i have the neck to keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

I think council covers it when they are unpaid so Doheny's don't lose money. I am delighted to see that my property tax is going to be used for such a worthy cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

mick kk wrote: »
    I think council covers it when they are unpaid so Doheny's don't lose money. I am delighted to see that my property tax is going to be used for such a worthy cause.

The council collect the bins if Dohenys dont? I just signed up to use Dohenys yesterday. I am living in a housing estate maintained by a management company so maybe the council dont cover it.....so why pay the property tax if the council dont come near the estate......Fupin Baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Strangest thread of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

Why would the council pay for it? That makes no sense!
    If you're trying to save money why not cancel your bins and bring it to the dump or Ormonde waste yourself. They go on weight, not amount.
    I brought 12 bags to Ormonde waste got weighed on the way in and way out and it cost €14

• Registered Users Posts: 41 homestyle

Week 5 and going strong. Feel my luck is going to run out

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

homestyle wrote: »

Good man, well done, you must be so proud of yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

PFFFFFTT
    Bin charges ???
    I dont believe in paying for rubbish and havent payed for rubbish ever and do not intend to either
    Plenty of legit places to dispose of my rubbish and also plenty of places to recycle
    I would imagine it is expensive to pay for rubbish in kilkenny etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

homestyle wrote: »

When it does run out, don't forget to post back and let us know what your injuries are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

When they cop on you can always drive out the country and throw your rubbish into a ditch. Sure that hurts nobody and the council will probably pick it up for you.*

*This works with washing machines and mattresses too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Why anyone would illegally dump a washing machine is beyond me, it's free to dump at an amenity centre.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Rega wrote: »
    When they cop on you can always drive out the country and throw your rubbish into a ditch. Sure that hurts nobody and the council will probably pick it up for you.*

*This works with washing machines and mattresses too!

There was a mattress on the (ALMOST) Ring Road on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Can't believe the s**t on this thread. You make the waste, so pay for it you miserable git!!!
    Dohenys or whoever are running a business and don't need to be scammed by people too mean to pay for their own bins

Advertisement