Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing account back to Landlords name

Options
  • 01-06-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way for me to do this is, considering I am out of the country at the minute?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Keen2win,

The most important aspect of account changeovers is the opening/closing meter reading(s), which I understand you aren't in a position to obtain at the moment? Do you have a point of contact back home (i.e. a letting agent/property management) that can take a reading on your behalf?

If the tenant has already closed his/her account, we can use the same readings to put the account back into your name; if however the tenant is yet to do this, and a reading cannot be taken, we can as a last resort use estimated readings.

In terms of getting in touch with us to complete the process, we have an international number (+353 1 8529534), you can email us, or just send us the details you have by private message here on boards.

We also have a section on our website tailored especially for tenants and landlords here.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement