Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Months to Dublin Marathon

Options
  • 01-06-2013 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I never done a Marathon, always loved to do one, so with 5 Months to go to the Dublin Marathon i going to get my a*s into gear and Start Training,

at the moment i just running 3 miles here and their,

So yesterday i went for a 7 mile or 11 .4 km run in 1hr 9 mins

I'm not going to set a time limit for my first Marathon i will just want to finish it..
    Today i will be doing a 3mile run on a treadmill with a 1 hr cycle on a WattBike.

for the next 2 weeks i will be doing Tuesday & Wednesday 5 miles Thursday 4 miles Saturday 10 miles with a 6 mile Recovery Run on Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Same here I'm finna do my first this year.. Going for an hours jog now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

good luck! I'm doing my first this year too.

Consider joining the Mentored Novices Group here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056913937

You'll get great advice and support whatever plan your following. There is a really good plan there that a lot of the group will be following which you should have a look at if you haven't already chosen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Ososlo wrote: »
    good luck! I'm doing my first this year too.

Consider joining the Mentored Novices Group here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056913937

You'll get great advice and support whatever plan your following. There is a really good plan there that a lot of the group will be following which you should have a look at if you haven't already chosen one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I downloaded the dingle marathon intermediate plan and also the Dublin marathon plan as well the good thing about the Dublin one it gives you it gives you 5 different plans based on times that you want to come in but after looking at both I said I'll follow the Dingle plan,

I am just looking to finish the marathon I have no set time just cross that finish line,

So far I have Monday off, Tuesday 5miles

I was meant to go for a 5 mile run on Wednesday and a 4 mile run on Thursday but since I couldn't get out on Wednesday I went for a 10 mile run Thursdays Morning I'm off today so ill do my swim at 6.30 am and my cycling at 7pm.

Saturday I am down for a 10 mile run followed by a 6 mile run Sunday I was thinking about going to the gym using the treadmill I take it Sunday is recovery run,

Advertisement