Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get to work

Options
  • 01-06-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi!

I just moved to Dublin (don't know the city, trains, buses, etc) and I am doing some interviews in companies which are located in EastPoint.

What is the best way to get there (In case I get a job)? I am living in Mountjoy Square.

I am sorry to ask a question like this, but the info I found about that place I couldn't understand because I don't know the places and names.

Ah... Another thing: What you guys think about Mountjoy Square? I heard some nasty stuff about here!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

From Mountjoy Square, I would walk down to Connolly Station and get the DART (http://www.irishrail.ie/DART) to Clontarf Road station. From there you can get a shuttle bus into Easpoint Business Park.

You could also walk to it. Google maps says it's 3.9 km and would take you 47 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Will take you 10 mins on a bike or about 30 mins walk. Would be easiest option instead of trekking to and from trains or buses

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Xamineh

Oh crap... That place is such poorly located...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Route to walk or cycle farely strightforword, mountjoy square-fitsgibbon st-russell st right on to clonliffe road-eastwall rd left on to alfie byrne road and then right into eastpoint.

Is it dangerous to go walking everyday? Counting I could have some night shifts (3pm - 11pm).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

No Dublin is a fairly safe place justs have your wits about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I definitely wouldnt be walking alone at night

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

John is a safe city, as long as you are not an idiot.

walk with a purpose and your head up, you wont have a problem

If you have a smart phone, the journey planner app is incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Not the best area to be walking around at night, I lived nearby for about 2 years.

Mountjoy Sq to Eastpoint is an easy ride on the push bike.

If you don't have a bike try Little Sport in Fairview, they have a range of second hand bikes.

If your new employer does the bike to work scheme and you fancy a more expensive bike you can buy in almost any shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭vrusinov

+1, just get a bike, that would be cheapest & fastest option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Xamineh wrote: »
    Is it dangerous to go walking everyday? Counting I could have some night shifts (3pm - 11pm).

I work until 1a.m. most nights and live just off Mountjoy Square, I'm a tiny unimposing girl and I've never had any problems in 2 years. You pass some interesting people but they keep to themselves. Just don't be texting or anything like that while walking.

Thank you guys for helping me!
    I'll go walking initially and after some weeks I will get a bike (second hand).

Advertisement