Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Insurance

Options
  • 01-06-2013 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 5 32GB from O2. I have Gadget Insurance. I usually add new items to my policy online, but their site was being updated at the time so I added it over the phone. When asked the value I stupidly stated what I paid O2 (€312) instead of what it's worth (€700).

After I added it:

1) I never received any updated policy to show the added item (either by e-mail or letter)

2) When I logged into my policy online it only showed my expired 2012 policy.

For this reason it was impossible for me to cop on to my mistake and amend it.

Long story short, phone was robbed and they are only paying out €312. I 100% accept I made an initial error but are they not negligent in not:

1) sending me an updated policy/contract
    2) enabling me to view my policy online?

are these not two basic services that should be provided?

As a result I have added my old iPhone 4 back onto my policy and still...

1) No amended policy has been sent to me (almost two weeks now)
    2) I cannot access my policy online. It only allows me view my 2012 policy.

Are they not required legally to provide their clients with such information? In not doing so, do I have a case for receiving more for my claim?

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You already have a thread open on this issue. Please don't create multiple threads about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement