Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sores on his balls

• 01-06-2013 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the title. My two year old boxer has some scabbs and little open sores on his ball sack. There's little chunks of skin easily picked off. His sack is also really black in colour(not sure of that's normal?)

He doesn't seem himself the last few weeks, keeps eating lots of grass and generally has low energy compared to normal. I put him on chicken and rice as of last night but the sores on his balls are worrying.

Anyone experience this before?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I would get this checked out by a vet, it could be something simple like over licking them but when he's in such low form the wounds could possibly be infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Bring him to the vet. Like a human any medical issues would be hard to ascertain over the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It could just be allergies - my dog gets it from the cut grass in the park and would break out in sores. The vet said it was fine to treat with pirotin/cortosin cream BUT he's never been lethargic with it so I'd go to the vets tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

A vet trip is in order - it is likely to be something minor but should really be checked out. One of mine gave himself a very nasty case of dermatitis on his penis due to excessive licking which needed a hefty dose of antibiotics and steroids to clear - viscous cycle of licking causing irritation followed by more licking because the area is irritated... you get the idea. Also, if your dog is generally out of sorts and not acting like they usually do, it would be a good idea to get it checked out by a vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

if hes eating grass I would assume his tummy is upset? defo get to the vet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Thanks folks. We're taking him this week.

Advertisement