Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work in Paris

• 01-06-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I'm heading down to Paris in about two weeks to find summer job (for 1,2 or 2.5 months, I'm very flexible). Can anyone give me any tips on where to apply while being in Paris or basically where is it easiest to find summer job. My friend and I can speak fluent English and French on communicative level. In addition to that I can speak fluent Polish.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Check out the CIDJ on Quai Branly, just near the Eiffel tower (M° Bir Hakeim or RER C - Champ de mars). They have noticeboards with job offers updated daily.

Bonne chance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

peckerhead wrote: »
    Check out the CIDJ on Quai Branly, just near the Eiffel tower (M° Bir Hakeim or RER C - Champ de mars). They have noticeboards with job offers updated daily.

Bonne chance...

Would you know, realistically, what are the chances of finding a job? And the CVs, should I mostly bring them in french and just have few copies in English or have equal amount of them in both languages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

No idea, I'm afraid — ça fait tellement longtemps...! :o But it's a huge city and in the tourist season there has to be work there for someone who speaks three languages...

I'd say bring mostly French ones. And you need to be easily contactable, so I'd certainly recommend getting a French SIM card as soon as you get there (or even online in advance, so you can put the number in your CV?)
    You can buy a prepay card with €5 credit for €1.90 including delivery here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

peckerhead wrote: »
    No idea, I'm afraid — ça fait tellement longtemps...! :o But it's a huge city and in the tourist season there has to be work there for someone who speaks three languages...

I'd say bring mostly French ones. And you need to be easily contactable, so I'd certainly recommend getting a French SIM card as soon as you get there (or even online in advance, so you can put the number in your CV?)
    You can buy a prepay card with €5 credit for €1.90 including delivery here.

Thanks for telling me as otherwise I would have forgotten about it. I will order a sim card as soon I can because Im going to pre print my CVs here! Would it be better to leave out my address from my CV as I'm just going to rent an apartment for 2 weeks? And I just checked, they dont send sim cards abroad

Advertisement