Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin Password

Options
  • 01-06-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to delete a few programs off windows 7 but it keeps prompting me for the admin password?

Trouble is i only got the laptop back after repairs and I cant remember the password :confused:

Any Ideas if I can reset this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,317 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So the repair shop placed the password on it or they worked with the existing password. Either way I'd consult them. When did this work happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Overheal wrote: »
    So the repair shop placed the password on it or they worked with the existing password. Either way I'd consult them. When did this work happen?

I gave the shop my password for to access my profile, I was sure the admin password was the same as my password as the shop never called and asked for it yet they have installed new programs and it is prompting for the admin password when I try to delete old programs so im assuming it would do the same when installing new programs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Get ntpasswd - http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ it will reset the admin password to blank.

Advertisement