Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

It's up for let on Property.ie anyway. Hadn't heard she was closing either.

AWW man! That was one of my fav restaurants! I would have liked a chance to go there one more time..:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What?? How do you know? I talked to the owner last week and they said they were renovating.

There's a sign in the window saying they're closed and thanks to all our customers, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

It's up for let on Property.ie anyway. Hadn't heard she was closing either.
    I can't believe this either, but you're right. Here it is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Genuinely upset about that. Really loved that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

is it just me or have they messed with the car park in aldi westside since the refurbishment? the spaces seem a LOT tighter than before (and i dont drive a tank and am fairly able to park my car properly but i was struggling to find a space where i could actually open the door wide enough as to get the maxi cosi out, even when the other cars were parked within the lines.)

never had this before, but saw a good few people attempting to enter spaces and then realising they were too tight :confused:

its also busier for some reason, meaning that trying to get out of the car park is a royal pain due to that stupidly designed and permitted right hand turn :mad:

anyhoo. hope they open a store in Knockers soon :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

galah wrote: »
    is it just me or have they messed with the car park in aldi westside since the refurbishment? the spaces seem a LOT tighter than before (and i dont drive a tank and am fairly able to park my car properly but i was struggling to find a space where i could actually open the door wide enough as to get the maxi cosi out, even when the other cars were parked within the lines.)

never had this before, but saw a good few people attempting to enter spaces and then realising they were too tight :confused:

its also busier for some reason, meaning that trying to get out of the car park is a royal pain due to that stupidly designed and permitted right hand turn :mad:

anyhoo. hope they open a store in Knockers soon :P

Was in there today didn't see any difference with the car park

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Can people please start an Aldi thread for all Aldi related news and information? There was 3 pages of it a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

What?? How do you know? I talked to the owner last week and they said they were renovating.

I don't know anything about this particular situation, but I don't think it's uncommon for people who are closing down to say they are renovating.

Having to close a business is difficult and fairly public, so some try to soften the blow...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I don't know anything about this particular situation, but I don't think it's uncommon for people who are closing down to say they are renovating.

Having to close a business is difficult and fairly public, so some try to soften the blow...
    I was in a shop in the county on its last day of trading. The owner had taken over the shop in the last few years of the tiger era and the bank eventually pulled the plug on the loan. The poor owner was in bits.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's a new fish restaurant open on Henry St, next to Mermaid Fishmongers. It's run by the same family and I had a very pleasant meal in there on the weekend.

The menu's simple; Chowdah, Calamari, Seafood platters etc but it's all done very well. The chips in particular were excellent with my monkfish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Robbo wrote: »
    There's a new fish restaurant open on Henry St, next to Mermaid Fishmongers.

Is it in the former Gourmet Tart premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

There's a new fish restaurant open on Henry St, next to Mermaid Fishmongers. It's run by the same family and I had a very pleasant meal in there on the weekend.

The menu's simple; Chowdah, Calamari, Seafood platters etc but it's all done very well. The chips in particular were excellent with my monkfish.

Chowdah?

What are the prices like? And what's it called?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Is it in the former Gourmet Tart premises?
    Correct.
    Intifada wrote: »
    Chowdah?

What are the prices like? And what's it called?
    Chow-DAH. Say it right Frenchie.

Hooked, I think. Prices are around €9 for the substantial mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Correct.

Chow-DAH. Say it right Frenchie.

Hooked, I think. Prices are around €9 for the substantial mains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDZRjgWgnNM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Do they do take away of is it just eat in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Deelys Cafe/Restaurant going in where La Salsa was on Mainguard St.

Do they do take away of is it just eat in?
    Just eat in at the moment but I think they're looking at doing takeaway subject to planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've been itching for this place to open up :D Might be going there this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

For those in the Renmore area - there's a new flower shop called Forget Me Not Flowers just opened up on Renmore Road where Molloy's Centra used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

For those in the Renmore area - there's a new flower shop called Forget Me Not Flowers just opened up on Renmore Road where Molloy's Centra used to be.

Planning to go there soon. It's a charity shop raising funds for Galway Hospice. Well worth supporting!

https://www.facebook.com/forgetmenotflowers.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

A new opening, the shoe shop on the corner of the shopping centre opposite franklins restuarant has re-opened as dk (?) shoes.

A change of operator, Clybaun stores on clybaun road is closing under the present operator/owner tomorrow evening and re-opening on monday under new management.

Westgolf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JillyQ wrote: »
    Hynes arent reopening they are gone out of business. There is another shop going in there.

The shoeshop that was previously Hynes in Abbeygate St re-opened a few weeks ago.

It still says "Hynes" on the window, and the price tags on the shoes inside say "Hynes". It's all new season stock, and I think that the prices and range carried are roughtly the same was they were previously.

The staff who I've seen inside are new.

I've spotted the lad who used to manage that outlet outside once - not sure if he's actually working there again, or if it was just co-incidence that he was in the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

The shoeshop that was previously Hynes in Abbeygate St re-opened a few weeks ago.

It still says "Hynes" on the window, and the price tags on the shoes inside say "Hynes". It's all new season stock, and I think that the prices and range carried are roughtly the same was they were previously.

The staff who I've seen inside are new.

I've spotted the lad who used to manage that outlet outside once - not sure if he's actually working there again, or if it was just co-incidence that he was in the neighbourhood.

It may say hynes shoes on the door but the company that traded as hynes shoes is in liquidation. Its a different family that are operating the shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

JillyQ wrote: »
    It may say hynes shoes on the door but the company that traded as hynes shoes is in liquidation. Its a different family that are operating the shop there.
    Logues I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Traveling Matt

Does anyone know if Olga's Alterations and tailoring has moved to a new premises? Used to be on Abbeygate st. Drove past so could not see if there was a sign on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Does anyone know if Olga's Alterations and tailoring has moved to a new premises? Used to be on Abbeygate st. Drove past so could not see if there was a sign on the door.

Yup, three doors up the street. Shopfront is painted purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Dunno if its been mentioned but I was in Liosban today, 1st time in a while, and Mr Waffle is gone and replaced by Arabica or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The applegreen site on the tuam road has seen a lot of activity over the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The applegreen site on the tuam road has seen a lot of activity over the last few weeks.

Yeah I think there's an applegreen going in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Dunno if its been mentioned but I was in Liosban today, 1st time in a while, and Mr Waffle is gone and replaced by Arabica or something

Haven't been up there in a while but that was arabica before it was Mr waffle and i don't think it changed ownership so new franchise probably just wasn't working

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement