Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

New Italian restaurant opening soon beside Electric. Doesn't seem to have a name yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

New Italian restaurant opening soon beside Electric. Doesn't seem to have a name yet.

Replacing Florence, which closed recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Pascal Coffee House opening their second store soon in the Grainstore
    Lower Abbeygate St

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Le Petit Pois restaurant is opening tomorrow in Victoria Place. Unlike many other new restaurants that set up a website with no information whatsoever on it, Le Petit Pois have a fully functioning website with menus and even an online booking facility http://lepetitpois.ie/?page_id=2 .

I’ve enjoyed previous restaurants in that location, I hope it’s a great success for them.

Their nice website along with the great looking menu makes me want to go there for dinner. Best of luck to them!

D Trent wrote: »
    Pascal Coffee House opening their second store soon in the Grainstore
    Lower Abbeygate St

I've been wondering where they were going to open #2.

Does that mean the Mix Greens / Grainstore kitchen are closing? Or do you really mean the Cornstore building (former Cosmo unit)?

Why am I asking? Well Pascal posted on FB the other day that they were doing work in their new unit already - and the Grainstore kitchen are still in their place at the moment.

• Advertisement

I've been wondering where they were going to open #2.

Does that mean the Mix Greens / Grainstore kitchen are closing? Or do you really mean the Cornstore building (former Cosmo unit)?

Why am I asking? Well Pascal posted on FB the other day that they were doing work in their new unit already - and the Grainstore kitchen are still in their place at the moment.
    Yup what's in there now are closing/moving elsewhere I'm not sure.

Maybe their lease is up

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Intifada wrote: »
    Are they any good? Always been put off by the name tbh

Managed to go from a Sunday street stall to a seemingly successful permanent restaurant. Think I've enjoyed the couple of pizzas i've had from there but mainly been in because Jamaica Joes was closed for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Their nice website along with the great looking menu makes me want to go there for dinner. Best of luck to them!

Same as that. lovely looking menu with veg/gf etc clearly marked out.

Observant feckers as well. Friend of mine went in there yesterday looking for me by mistake (I'm doing a bit beside it for the Fringe Festival), and they redirected her as soon as she described me even though our only communication has been friendly waves over the last couple of weeks.
    From seeing them setting up it really looks like a labour of love.

*Not shilling. As I say, I've never even spoken to them (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Can some one tell me when did and why Sales cafe/eatery shut down in Edwards square shopping center? i don't go into the city that often ,but when i do i like to have some lunch to chill while waiting for friends, last week i got a shock to see it all gone,what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

blond45 wrote: »
    Can some one tell me when did and why Sales cafe/eatery shut down in Edwards square shopping center? i don't go into the city that often ,but when i do i like to have some lunch to chill while waiting for friends, last week i got a shock to see it all gone,what happened?

Thats been closed for a long while now, it was a 1990s throwback, nothing to entice anyone bar the OAPs who sparsely populated it. Huge amount of options for good food in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 zeitner

blond45 wrote: »

Was closed for personal reasons at beginning of the year. Was sorry to see it close.

Does that mean the Mix Greens / Grainstore kitchen are closing?

Update: The Grainstore Kitchen closed on Saturday. There's a sign on the window thanking people for their support over the last year.

Quite strange really, there was a lot of construction work going on upstairs over the winter, then it re-branded as Grainstore kitchen maybe 2-3 months ago. Now it's closed.

Also, MixedGreens in Liosbaun is now called GreenLeaf restaurant, and has reduced the options they offer (just the standard MG menu, no custom salad or sandwich making anymore).

Update: The Grainstore Kitchen closed on Saturday. There's a sign on the window thanking people for their support over the last year.

Quite strange really, there was a lot of construction work going on upstairs over the winter, then it re-branded as Grainstore kitchen maybe 2-3 months ago. Now it's closed.

Also, MixedGreens in Liosbaun is now called GreenLeaf restaurant, and has reduced the options they offer (just the standard MG menu, no custom salad or sandwich making anymore).

The former Cosmo has been quiet for the last cupla weeks too, no activity inside. Golden Cafe also lasted less than a cupla weeks or else they only open when im not walking by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Was planning on popping into the grainstore for lunch today, really disappointed seeing the sign on the door. It looked VERY last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The Mix Green group is gone into liquidation: http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Mixgreens-Foods-Limited-533563

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Mixgreens-Franchising-Limited-520430

I believe the Newcastle one is separately owned now and will continue, as will Liosbaun in another guise. The Grainstore one was limping on until a new owner could be found.

serfboard wrote: »
    O'Leary's in Salthill is currently being done up. Dunno what's going in there, but someone on this thread mentioned Tesco Express a long time ago ...

This is called The Bean and Cone, a coffee shop & ice cream parlour

Heard a well-placed rumour today that the former Central Bar in Woodquay (closed months ago when the owner died, RIP) is going to turn into a Spar.

And noticed last weekend that there's something being done inside the former Bar 8 - windows have been covered with stuff to keep nosey eyes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

New Dealz opening in Eyre Square

ciano1 wrote: »

Where? Cant think of any large shop units on Eyre Squares circumference.

It's in the unit across from the main entrance to Debenham's, used to be a clothes shop.

• Advertisement

It's in the unit across from the main entrance to Debenham's, used to be a clothes shop.

That was the only one springing to mind alright, will do well in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Possible the old Born shop just off eyre square

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭martini1

Le Petit Pois restaurant is opening tomorrow in Victoria Place. Unlike many other new restaurants that set up a website with no information whatsoever on it, Le Petit Pois have a fully functioning website with menus and even an online booking facility http://lepetitpois.ie/?page_id=2 .

I’ve enjoyed previous restaurants in that location, I hope it’s a great success for them.

Any idea if this place is nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

martini1 wrote: »
    Any idea if this place is nice?

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but going by the reviews and photos of the food on their Facebook/Twitter, it looks very nice indeed. I'm hoping to get there soon and will report back then.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but going by the reviews and photos of the food on their Facebook/Twitter, it looks very nice indeed. I'm hoping to get there soon and will report back then.

Might get there before you so, as I need something for tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Does anyone know when Kelehans in Bushypark is reopening? Lots of activity going on there over the last few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ciano1 wrote: »
    That is sudden. They open almost immediately on the 23rd.

Yeah, just read that this morning, its across from the back of bank of Ireland, eyre sq, where the aviva offices used to be.

up near debenhams etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

martini1 wrote: »
    Yeah, just read that this morning, its across from the back of bank of Ireland, eyre sq, where the aviva offices used to be.

up near debenhams etc

Exactly where i said. No place else around there is big enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was in the new Dealz at lunch...it was wedged.
    It is odd to see a pound shop in a place that I associate with the Revenue/Financial Services :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement