Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Java John's cafe on Francis Street is closed. Note on the door advising of the closure and thanking customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Number seven on the docks has a sign on it saying it's opening soon.
    You mean the one where Bar 8 was? The sign says 'Neo, opening soon'.
    westgolf wrote: »
    Old bar 8 on the docks now NEO. Kinda the same look as previously

Yep spotted by more eagle eyes a cupla weeks back, its an 'Asian Street Food' place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Java John's cafe on Francis Street is closed. Note on the door advising of the closure and thanking customers.

That didn't seem to be there for that long?

That didn't seem to be there for that long?

In and around a year id say, poor spot really, a lot of student traffic goes up Abbeygate St these days and a lot less on Francis St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I know this would be more suited to the County forum but I can't seem to find a similar thread to this one there so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know what the story is with the Laserderm Clinic in Claregalway. I was there last week and it was open but went there this Tuesday and it was locked up at 5pm, when closing time is normally 8pm. They also aren't returning any of my calls.

Any idea if they've closed permanently or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Cutting edge tiles new outlet "opening soon" beside tora garage opposite McD's in westside. Formerly a paint and wallpaper outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I know this would be more suited to the County forum but I can't seem to find a similar thread to this one there so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know what the story is with the Laserderm Clinic in Claregalway. I was there last week and it was open but went there this Tuesday and it was locked up at 5pm, when closing time is normally 8pm. They also aren't returning any of my calls.

Any idea if they've closed permanently or?
    Did you try ringing their Loughrea or Ennis clinics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah poop, I liked that place. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

westgolf wrote: »
    Old bar 8 on the docks now NEO. Kinda the same look as previously

I can't find any web presence for Neo at all - does anyone have links to menus/ opening hours etc please?

I can't find any web presence for Neo at all - does anyone have links to menus/ opening hours etc please?

They are on facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Tried Neo over the weekend. Food was great, very tasty, piping hot and fast service. Similar to Lana in Salthill. You order and pay at the till before sitting.

Note they don't use the old Bar No. 8 main door on the left, we almost left thinking it wasn't open yet but were walking on to Eyre Square and spotted the door on the right. Saw a few people try the old door and leave while we were there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

La Salsa seems to gone. Sign taken down and newspapers on window.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

paconnors wrote: »
    La Salsa seems to gone. Sign taken down and newspapers on window.

Closed last week I think.
    Looks to be getting refit already. Saw a small gourmet offensive sign in the window today while i was passing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Saw a small gourmet offensive sign in the window today

That's the falafel guy from the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Anybody been to Tribeton or have I missed posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Biko made a mention of it a few pages back I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I was disappointed. Looks bit mad In a good way. But service was slow, and we sent food back for being cold. My first time sending food back.

I hope it irons out its glitches. Looks like a lot of money spent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

ArtyC wrote: »
    I was disappointed. Looks bit mad In a good way. But service was slow, and we sent food back for being cold. My first time sending food back.

Yea, pics of the place make it look very jazzy. Going this weekend I think so will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That's the falafel guy from the market.

Delighted to hear this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

ArtyC wrote: »

I was disappointed too although I can't really put my finger on a reason. Perhaps it struck me as more style than substance. I thought the menu was a bit odd and the service felt insincere. I was so looking forward to it opening but the experience left me cold. I will definitely give it another try though and hope I get "the feeling" next time.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Delighted to hear this!

Me too, I'd say he'll do well also, seems to have queues every weekend. Although I'm not vegetarian there's a big need for a vegetarian restaurant in the city. Both veggie places, him and the curry one have big queues at the weekend markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I've been to Tribeton a couple of times now.
    Went for coffee and a scone, the scone was pretty rubbishy.
    Went for lunch - all three of us really enjoyed our salads.
    Went for a night of (too many!) cocktails and bar bites - all of us (8 people maybe) were happy all round, some ate some didn't, lots of cocktails, wine and beer, and not too pricey for either - averagely priced.
    I find the menu simple and enticing. Though I have heard they are very inflexible when it comes to changing ingredients (like bread types for sandwiches etc) off menu.

Went to Neo recently also (I really need to stay in and cook more!). I liked it. It is (as someone already mentioned) very Lana-esque. Filament bulbs and industrial pipe is the décor de jour here also (like 56 Central, Tribeton etc), small, kind of uninspired menu. But its grand, and a great place to watch the world go by with big windows looking onto the docks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Going there for a hen party but no answer from th phone number.they havent tweeted anything in a week and the facebook page is gone
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Subway in the ESC has moved downstairs to the former flower shop unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Paddico

Subway in the ESC has moved downstairs to the former flower shop unit.

I was hoping you were going to say Subway has moved out of Galway for good.
    Terrible franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

Paddico wrote: »
    I was hoping you were going to say Subway has moved out of Galway for good.
    Terrible franchise

In your humble opinion of course!

That facebook page is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

bigpink wrote: »
    That facebook page is gone

Must be your browser. Still there for me. Last post was 42 mins ago.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks.Can someone delete my post so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement