Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You can do that yourself, click edit then delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not quite a business, and not new - but the Welfare office is moving to the former WebWorks building on 2 November. Just down the road from the Coach Station.

Parking hell for those dropping off dockets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Not quite a business, and not new - but the Welfare office is moving to the former WebWorks building on 2 November. Just down the road from the Coach Station.

FAS/Intreo offices moving out of Island House to this location also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yep and right beside Revenue too, one big happy family :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

New club called Studio opening soon somewhere. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yep and right beside Revenue too, one big happy family :)

Happy, yes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

New club called Studio opening soon somewhere. Any ideas?

Indeed, it's a "Gastro Lounge and Cocktail Kitchen" according to Their Facebook page, which says their address is 20 Eglinton Street. As far as I can see that's part of the old Savoy cinema building but there doesn't appear to be any empty space there. Perhaps it's just a company address rather than the location of the venture itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Indeed, it's a "Gastro Lounge and Cocktail Kitchen" according to Their Facebook page, which says their address is 20 Eglinton Street. As far as I can see that's part of the old Savoy cinema building but there doesn't appear to be any empty space there. Perhaps it's just a company address rather than the location of the venture itself?

Front part of Carbon has been ripped out over the past few weeks, it'll be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

You got a link to their Facebook? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

You got a link to their Facebook? :)

https://www.facebook.com/StudioGalway/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 tigergirl

New Costa coffee opening next to Insomnia in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was wondering what was going in there. Im sure Insomnia and Subway will be happy.

Xmas Shop going into where Mexx was on Church Lane. Ice Ville opening where Carnevil is for the Xmas season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

They have four 5-star reviews already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They have four 5-star reviews already.

All from staff who work there, according to their FB pages.

Monroes back to being Monroes again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Monroes back to being Monroes again.

Because FM left or are they giving up on the 'live' part?.

Because FM left or are they giving up on the 'live' part?.

Because after nearly a decade in charge FM decided to call it a day.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Because after nearly a decade in charge FM decided to call it a day.

I just meant that prior to that it didn't have the upstairs live aspect going and so is that shutting down once current bookings are done.. Sorry i wasn't more clear.

I just meant that prior to that it didn't have the upstairs live aspect going and so is that shutting down once current bookings are done.. Sorry i wasn't more clear.

I don't know but it would be hard to see it survive without some sort of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

so monroes is neither opening or closing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

It's opening and closing, 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Fm is no longer management Downstairs,, it was on they're fb. Great loss. Gentleman

Still open as normal

T'was a bit of both really at end of business day. First time I've seen customers getting emotional about a guvnor that hadn't died.

Let's hope there's a post here about FM taking a new place in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Let's hope there's a post here about FM taking a new place in the next few months.
    Who is/are FM for those of us who don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

serfboard wrote: »
    Who is/are FM for those of us who don't know?

The manager of Monroes who left the other week.

I think people are using initials because he may not want his name splashed all over the interwebs. By all accounts he was very good at the job and well respected. But he might not want Google to return this thread when people search his name in ten years time.

If you know him, or know someone who knows him (in my case), you'll know what the initials stand for. If you don't then probably you don't need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

FM is taking over Crows in Bohermore

FMK is taking over Monroes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

FML!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

FM is taking over Crows in Bohermore

FMK is taking over Monroes

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

What's MLK taking over?

• Advertisement