Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Monroes is gone so?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bigpink wrote: »
    Monroes is gone so?

Absolutely not.

Just got a new manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Absolutely not.

Just got a new manager.

You mean a new leasholder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Nope a manager. The Monroe family are running it again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^^^^
    Monroes back to being Monroes again.

That's what I said in the first place but my post turned into a pop quiz. You would kind of wonder if the posters asking the questions had ever even been in the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

we should have a thread for manager's leaving/joining a business.
    seems to be an appetite for it.

Laviski wrote: »
    we should have a thread for manager's leaving/joining a business.
    seems to be an appetite for it.

No!! A leaseholder left. A manager joined.

Keep up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

No!! A leaseholder left. A manager joined.

Keep up!
    So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wonder will the managerial change in Monroe's have any effect on the f***ing queue for f***ing sausages in Vinnies?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Don't the Monroes regularly lease out the pub and then take over again themselves then the lease is up? And then lease it out again? And then take over again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's keep it on shops and not individuals.
    This thread is for information to others about businesses starting or closing, let's leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wonder will the managerial change in Monroe's have any effect on the f***ing queue for f***ing sausages in Vinnies?
    What sausage queue? Has a famous sausage made it onto the market without me hearing of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Builders clearing out Bell Roma on the corner going into Foster Court.
    No idea whats going in there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Don't recall seeing it mentioned here but looks to be a new restaurant called The Chilli Shack going in across from Biteclub.

Had a quick look at the menu and the seem to do beef and bean chilli bowls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

swiftman wrote: »
    Builders clearing out Bell Roma on the corner going into Foster Court.
    No idea whats going in there!?

That did not last long, eat there a few times, lovely people and food, a real family buisness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

b.gud wrote: »
    Don't recall seeing it mentioned here but looks to be a new restaurant called The Chilli Shack going in across from Biteclub.

Wonder who's behind it. It wouldn't by any stretch be the tall fella from the market who also sells hummus I wonder?

Wonder who's behind it. It wouldn't by any stretch be the tall fella from the market who also sells hummus I wonder?

You mean TF?

*gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

You mean TF?

*gets coat*

F U

D Trent wrote: »
    F U

UB40

Oh! And there's another one of those Asylroom places a few doors up from the chilli shack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Galways very own After Hours in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I understand Lunares on Woodquay (tapas restaurant) are shutting down this weekend - has that made the thread yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I understand Lunares on Woodquay (tapas restaurant) are shutting down this weekend - has that made the thread yet?

From their FB:
    Dear lunares customers,
    It is with a heavy heart, and after much soul searching, that we must announce the closure of Lunares. As this is the last weekend of trading we would love to see you all one last time so we can have one for the road! Thank you so much for your support over the last four years and we will let you know what the future has in store,looking forward to seeing you all!! Much love from the Lunares familly xxx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

.Thanks for the info, a pity..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Already open.

They look like Boojum/Tucos etc but with only chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Already open.

They look like Boojum/Tucos etc but with only chilli.

Have you been, is it any good? I was passing by at about 9 last night and it was closed so thought it must not be open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Have you been, is it any good? I was passing by at about 9 last night and it was closed so thought it must not be open yet.

Ate their yesterday, food was grand, around the same price as Boojum and Tucos.
    The extra toppings are free which they aren't in Boojum. That about all that makes them stand out from the competition though.

Personally i think Tucos is the best place at the moment for that sort of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Chinatown in Newcastle is closed :( Gutted inside... and i'm gutted inside too. I'm not a takeaway fan, but by god when the cravings came I was straight down there.

Anyone any idea what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Chinatown in Newcastle is closed :( Gutted inside... and i'm gutted inside too. I'm not a takeaway fan, but by god when the cravings came I was straight down there.

Anyone any idea what the story is?

Don't fret! They're getting a makeover. Told by a staff member :) one week she said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ArtyC wrote: »
    Don't fret! They're getting a makeover. Told by a staff member :) one week she said

Phew. Think they would have put up a notice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement