Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Phew. Think they would have put up a notice

I'll mention it if I see her again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Phew. Think they would have put up a notice

There was a sign in the window over the weekend but maybe it got knocked off by the workers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I was talking to Flo, the falafel guy, in the market this weekend. He said he was hoping to have his new shop (ex La Salsa) open this week. Looking forward to it:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I was talking to Flo, the falafel guy, in the market this weekend. He said he was hoping to have his new shop (ex La Salsa) open this week. Looking forward to it:)

Delighted for him, genuinely lovely guy and it's nice to see something new being offered in that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Doesn't look like Ladbrokes are moving down to the ex-Mulhollands on Cross St as was previously suggested here.
    A neighbouring business has applied for change of use of the premises to a restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Evergreen Healthfoods are opening in Eyre Square Centre, unit downstairs where Sara(?) fashions used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

when did foodland the frozen food shop close on tuam road? has it shut or relocated? anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Evergreen Healthfoods are opening in Eyre Square Centre, unit downstairs where Sara(?) fashions used to be.

I wouldn't have thought that they needed another store in the city centre, given the location of their store on Mainguard St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I wouldn't have thought that they needed another store in the city centre, given the location of their store on Mainguard St.

Tell that to dunnes 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

when did foodland the frozen food shop close on tuam road? has it shut or relocated? anyone know?

I don't think Foodland has shut; that's the Polish foodb shop in Liosban beside Top Part / Ulster Bank/ The Fireplace Shop / The Sex Shop. They also have one in Westside near Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

On the way to work this morning it looked like they were putting up the food/barr stalls for the continental market in the Spanish arch. And in Eyre square there was also something, a solid marquee kind of job, being put up. Not sure does that mean the market is being moved out of Eyre square this year or is it just being split up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

b.gud wrote: »
    Not sure does that mean the market is being moved out of Eyre square this year or is it just being split up

Split up this year. It's going to cover part of Eyre Sq, Shop St. Market area & Docks/Spanish Arc area.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Beer Tent shape looked a bit different this year. I wonder are they making it larger this year, or incorporating toilets into the design shape?

Fey! wrote: »
    I don't think Foodland has shut; that's the Polish foodb shop in Liosban beside Top Part / Ulster Bank/ The Fireplace Shop / The Sex Shop. They also have one in Westside near Aldi.

the other side of aib bank,towards town where the phone shop is,as well as the tanning shop and the other polish shop, frozen food place was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

the other side of aib bank,towards town where the phone shop is,as well as the tanning shop and the other polish shop, frozen food place was there

That was the food center, they sell/sold stuff in fairly large quantities. Interesting shop with some great deals. I assume that's the one you're talking about.

must be,mainly frozen food stuffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Coco Cafe in Salthill is closed until further notice due to damage from fire in holiday apartments above it. There were 3 fire engines and a van there on Sunday, didn't see any smoke but maybe I'd missed the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

An Pota Cafe (spelt wrong, I think ... Irish name for pot of coffee, where Harry Fritz chipper was and before that the famous rent-protestor) has a sign on the window saying closed from Mon-Thurs for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

J o e wrote: »
    Coco Cafe in Salthill is closed until further notice due to damage from fire in holiday apartments above it. There were 3 fire engines and a van there on Sunday, didn't see any smoke but maybe I'd missed the action.

That place has no luck!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feck thought that was flooding, used to like going there when my dog was still alive, hope they keep going.

• Advertisement

Feck thought that was flooding, used to like going there when my dog was still alive, hope they keep going.

It may actually be water damage from fighting the fire upstairs.

The Falafel Bar is up on Facebook now, looks like they'll be opening very soon...

https://m.facebook.com/GalwayFalafel/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Perfume Shop on Shop Street has closed according to a sign on their door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

J o e wrote: »
    The Falafel Bar is up on Facebook now, looks like they'll be opening very soon...

https://m.facebook.com/GalwayFalafel/

Just opened 20 minutes ago. I have the pleasure of being their first customer in off the street. Great stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Just opened 20 minutes ago. I have the pleasure of being their first customer in off the street. Great stuff!!!

Where is the restaurant? Can't wait 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Where La Salsa used to be on Mary St.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Xtravision at Joyces in Kocknacarra to close. Windows being postered at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

westgolf wrote: »
    Xtravision at Joyces in Kocknacarra to close. Windows being postered at the moment.

They're closing scores of their stores countrywide. An inevitable end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

They're closing scores of their stores countrywide. An inevitable end.

It must be more than 5 years since I rented (or even bought) a physical DVD...the writing is on the wall for such places!

• Advertisement

Flemings Opel have opened their new show room after 20+? years of it being a hole in the ground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement